US Navy Enlisted Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Navy Enlisted Interview Questions

1.6

Enlisted Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Talk to your local Navy recruiter. They are there to assist you in your transition from civilian to Sailor. They will ask you questions about your medically history, and ask if you have ever had any involvement with the police. You must be mentally, morally and mentally qualified. At the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS), you will take the ASVAB test, take a physical, and talk to a job classifier.

Interview Questions

• There can be some personal questions asked during the qualification process, such as medical history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A job classifier will place you into a job that fits your interests and qualifications.

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Navy (Wichita Falls, TX).

Interview

The interview process is all about you, they will sit down with you and uncover some personal goals and show you what the Navy can do. It's very informative and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a contractual agreement, no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Miami, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Met with a recruiter to enlist, they hold higher standards to enlist, MEPS visit was long and tiring, up early and lasted until night-time, thorough physical and eyesight testing, two month bootcamp

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Alexandria, LA) in May 2011.

Interview

mostly eligibility questions to make sure you meet the requirements to meet enlistment policies. Had to take ASVAB testing to meet minimum score for enlistment and job selections. They ask alot about police involvement, drug use, education as well as your interests in different career fields within the navy. Bring birth certificate, SSN Card and high school diploma and any other education transcripts.

Interview Questions

• police involvement and medical   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Showed up to the recruiters office and told them what I was looking for and where the Navy could fit me in. I had to take physical tests and the ASVAB but neither were difficult. The recruiters were friendly and outgoing. Tried to explain the Navy as being different than it turned out to be, but I went in understanding that is their job.

Enlisted Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

No interview, fill out an application with your local recruiter, don't have any drugs detectable in a urinalysis test, be in good enough shape to run 1.5 miles in less than 15 minutes or so, be able to do 50-60 situps and 40 or so pushups in 2 minutes for each exercise. other than that it's cake. DO NOT let the recruiter sign you up for ANY job other than the one you want to do. If he tells you there are no openings for the job you want, tell him to give you a call when it opens up and leave his office. Seriously, if he's lying he won't let you leave, unless he's embarrassed about lying in which case he'll call you later in the week and tell you it's opened up. if it really isn't open than just wait it out a month, maybe two and it will become available eventually bottom line, don't believe the recruiter if he tells you that once you are in the fleet you can cross-rate to the job you want; while it is possible, it's very difficult to do and most likely it won't happen.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken/used any illegal drugs?   1 Answer

Enlisted Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

-Talk to a recruiter from your desired branch of service. Reccomend talking to each before choosing.
    -Pass physical. Basic physical and motor function. Very easy, just testing for the most common types of maladies and afflictions.
    -Select job after your ASVAB testing.
    -Complete Bootcamp and move on to your secondary training or go to the fleet, dependant on your chosen/offered job path.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take what they offer or dont. Very cut and dry.