US Navy Interview Questions in Hawaii | Glassdoor

1.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intelligence Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

The interview is with an officer recruiter. Find one in your local area, you make contact with him/her. They ask you what you are interested and they review your transcripts and give you a test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come into the Navy and not one of the other services.   1 Answer

US Navy Sailor E4 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl Harbor, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Pearl Harbor, HI) in November 2015.

Interview

Basically, the Command Master Chief asked me what I would change about the Navy after being belittled in the Chief's mess (the eating area for E-7 to E-9) because I chose to help out a shipmate they did not care for. Since I chose to help that person out and not get them in trouble, I was told I will never amount to anything and will never even get a job at a fast food place.

Interview Questions

• Do you honestly think civilian jobs are more successful than the military?   1 Answer

O3 - Navy - Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Navy (Honolulu, HI) in March 2014.

Interview

There was no interview. Promotion to LT is automatic as long as you don't do something extreme like getting a DUI or fraternizing with enlisted sailors. As a matter of fact, the promotion to LTJG is exactly the same process.

Military Police Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

We are big on honesty on drug testing and honesty on Security Clearance questionnaire. We are also big on previous organization affiliations and whether or not you have an arrest record or criminal activity especially if it is not disclosed during screening. Certain jobs or careers will have you working in locations that will not allow for visible tattoos past the sleeve of a t-shirt. Grooming standards are a huge thing and being able to wear a uniform in the precise and correct manner as to not bring discredit upon the service which you applying for. Patience, moral and mental aptitude will all be a must in order to make it through basic training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was nothing like it is now. This is a totally different time for military service.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Navy (Honolulu, HI) in March 2013.

Interview

USA Jobs referral followed by interval by a panel of five each asking five questions of varying levels of difficulty, ending with a recap of session and open question session, followed by HR process

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Navy (Honolulu, HI) in June 2012.

Interview

None. A department head is selected from the junior corps of officers. There is no actual interview process. My year group was 100% selection. Younger year groups are down to an 80% first time selection. There is no need to worry about the interview process.

Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Honolulu, HI) in April 2012.

Interview

Screening for position, face-to-face interview, and performance evaluation. Once the interview was completed, I had to apply for the specific job through the US Navy orders branch. Once orders are written, I am able to fill that position.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Honolulu, HI) in November 2011.

Interview

There was no interview process for me to obtain this position. When I was hired I was given pamphlets and information and then released to my work center. I was given a position description that outline my duties but after I met with my supervisor she changed the duties to fit what she wanted. This created tension and an unstable work environment. The HR Department was not any help and I was left to try to rectify the situation on my own. After several months I was finally able to do the job I was hired for but this caused some of those in management position to think of me as a trouble maker. It was a very rocky start but things evened out after about a year.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I was asked was why did I rock the boat getting my duties straight. It was unexpected because most of the other employees were not in the same situation I was in.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant & Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Honolulu, HI) in February 2010.

Interview

4-Star By Name Request

Interview Questions

• Approach to taking over from someone being replaced for poor work performance...   1 Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl Harbor, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Pearl Harbor, HI) in August 2009.

Interview

Study for the ASVAB, find the nearest recruiting office and discuss your options. Fair warning, your assignment is based on the needs of the company and your strongest aptitudes. There may be an initial delay of assignment varying from one month up to six months.

Interview was actually June 2007.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure this is what you want to do with your life?(This is not for everyone)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Strict. You are limited to the options provided to you based on your aptitudes and needs of the company. It is not princess cruise lines.