US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.3

School Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

email and phone contact, phone interview, everyone was very friendly and professional, however since I am in another time zone and not readily available for an in person interview and not available to start the job for the next several months, it's not optimal

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Took ASVAB submitted all required documents and physical fitness evaluation, requires dedication to support your country over yourself no matter how small or large the impact it has to your co-workers or you country.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Application process is using USAJOBS web page. It is a slow process and notifications may or may not happen. Interview was straight forward. It was a panel interview with two people present and one participated by phone.

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Your first classes opinion of you even though they are never around to see what's going on and that same can be said about whoever the chief is. The officers for the most part are terrible and don't know what's going on so it's pointless to talk to them. No one takes responsibility for anything so nothing ever gets fixed.

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting copious amounts of paperwork and doing a medical examination, there was an initial technical phone interview. If you pass that one, you fly out to Washington DC for ~3 days. The last day is the interview day, where you go through 2+ technical interviews and if you pass those, you get an interview with a 4-star admiral. He gives you the thumbs up or thumbs down. I was given the thumbs down. Even though I was not accepted, I would say this experience was quite valuable and I met a lot of smart people who were more invested than I was.

Interview Questions

• I failed 2/3 interviews, which prompted the Admiral to ask me, why should I make you a sub officer?   2 Answers

Research Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Sam Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (Fort Sam Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

They had a panel of 5 persons with some apparently fixed questions to be asked to all,,. though some were slanted to select a person they already had in mind...

Interview Questions

• Some questions by 5 different members of the panel   1 Answer

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

took an hour and scenario questions on my ability to handle a variety of situations. one phone interview the day prior and a panel of two interviewers for the "in person" interview. it was a back and forth question and answer, delivered from the panel in an alternating basis.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were required to handle a hostile or angered employee?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Interview panel was USN IT personnel.
    Overall it appeared this was an interview to satisfy hiring requirements (i.e. they'd already chosen their candidate and because of my status they had to document why I was not selected). Unfortunate, but this happens frequently when agencies have in-house promotions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Oracle?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience on military installations?   1 Answer

Nuclear Machinist Mate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Required to take the ASVAB test to qualify for the postion. Once the test was graded discussed what positions I qualified for. After going over the positions I chose to enter the Navy's nuclear training program based on training and bonuses available.

Interview Questions

• Asked about prior drug use and schooling.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application, online test (fun), interview with branch manager, 4 Financial Advisors and revenue manager. Only the branch manager and revenue manager asked me questions. The others were available to answer my questions.