US Navy E5 - Navy - Petty Officer, Second Class Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

1.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Had to take a pre-Asvab test followed by an Asvab. Following time later discussed options available due to Asvab score. Later on got a basic physical which included a drug test followed by a sit down with contract negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Your first classes opinion of you even though they are never around to see what's going on and that same can be said about whoever the chief is. The officers for the most part are terrible and don't know what's going on so it's pointless to talk to them. No one takes responsibility for anything so nothing ever gets fixed.

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

It took 6 months of exercise, diet, paperwork and a clean record to get in. It also required an IQ test of sorts and a physical. You will also be expected to workout and learn as a team with your fellow prospective recruits.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal record ?   1 Answer

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Took the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery in high school and was contacted by the recruiter. Went into the Delayed Entry Program for several months waiting for a spot in the Advanced Computer and Electronics Field to open up. During that time, I learned some Basic Military Requirements and did some physical training to automatically advance to E-2 out of recruit training.

Interview Questions

• They ask for pretty much every single document related to you so make sure you can dig those up.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

They just ask if you are a citizen and if you have any felonies. After that the paperwork process begins.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Millington, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Millington, TN).

Interview

Any one can apply to be a sailor in the US Navy. You need to talk to a recruiter, take the ASVAB test, a drug test, and go through a physical that is paid for be the Navy. You will also have to do a background check of up to 10 years if the Job you are applying for requires a clearance. Must jobs requiring a clearance will not accept anyone with a record or potential for mismanagement of income.

Interview Questions

• All questions are pretty much routine. The only wrong answer is a lie if you stick to the truth you should be good. Don't let the recruiter fine out something after the fact be up front and honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Contract signing after screen process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Contract agreement

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

VIsti the closest navy recruiter to check if your eligibility.
    Take the ASVAB exam. if you pass youll continue with a physical exam. You will choose your job in based on your score on the ASVAB. The higher the score the more jobs/ratings that will be available to you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Navy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There is no interview per say. You advance via an advancement test and for some ranks you must go through a selection process. YOu need to be prepared to play politics and conform to the politics of those selecting you or advancement can be long and hard. You have to be fit in your personal dealings and finances, physical condition, and must in most cases have attended further training and college courses in order to advance.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and advancement?   1 Answer

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy in December 2011.

Interview

Intense, boot camp followed with training and more training and more training. You never actually stop the interview process because you can get kicked out for not meeting certain approval criteria. For example one cannot retire as an E5, so there for you have to make E6 to be able to retire at 20 years before you receive retirement pay.