US Navy E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Navy E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview Questions

1.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

It's an interview for the military.... If can eligible to get in, your in. Just be honest and be prepared to accept the fact you may not get the rate you wanted. That doesn't mean you can't cross rate to the job you desire though. If your interested just stop into your local navy recruitment office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There is no interview per say. You advance via an advancement test and for some ranks you must go through a selection process. YOu need to be prepared to play politics and conform to the politics of those selecting you or advancement can be long and hard. You have to be fit in your personal dealings and finances, physical condition, and must in most cases have attended further training and college courses in order to advance.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and advancement?   1 Answer

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy in December 2011.

Interview

Intense, boot camp followed with training and more training and more training. You never actually stop the interview process because you can get kicked out for not meeting certain approval criteria. For example one cannot retire as an E5, so there for you have to make E6 to be able to retire at 20 years before you receive retirement pay.

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

It took 6 months of exercise, diet, paperwork and a clean record to get in. It also required an IQ test of sorts and a physical. You will also be expected to workout and learn as a team with your fellow prospective recruits.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal record ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

You take an exam and then after so many years you eventually get picked up or you get kicked out it is the way it is. I do not like the way the navy promotes you get a lot of leaders that have no clue how to lead

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2010.

Interview

First, they take you at the MEPS center so you can take your ASVAB test. You should be of the height and weight standards based on their scale. As long as you have no financial issues or any legal stuff, you are good to go!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It just depends on your ASVAB score.

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Took the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery in high school and was contacted by the recruiter. Went into the Delayed Entry Program for several months waiting for a spot in the Advanced Computer and Electronics Field to open up. During that time, I learned some Basic Military Requirements and did some physical training to automatically advance to E-2 out of recruit training.

Interview Questions

• They ask for pretty much every single document related to you so make sure you can dig those up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Millington, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Millington, TN).

Interview

Any one can apply to be a sailor in the US Navy. You need to talk to a recruiter, take the ASVAB test, a drug test, and go through a physical that is paid for be the Navy. You will also have to do a background check of up to 10 years if the Job you are applying for requires a clearance. Must jobs requiring a clearance will not accept anyone with a record or potential for mismanagement of income.

Interview Questions

• All questions are pretty much routine. The only wrong answer is a lie if you stick to the truth you should be good. Don't let the recruiter fine out something after the fact be up front and honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Contract signing after screen process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Contract agreement

Application

Interview

They just ask if you are a citizen and if you have any felonies. After that the paperwork process begins.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation