US Navy E6 Navy Petty Officer, First Class Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at US Navy

2.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 15 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (United States)

Interview

There was no technical interview process. The recruiter did ask questions. Essentially all I had to do was talk to a recruiter, take the ASVAB, go through a physical exam, and sign a contract.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to the join the Navy
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 months. I interviewed at US Navy (United States)

Interview

you take an aptitude test in order to score out the jobs you may qualify for, and then proceed to a physical screening ensuring you are fit to carry out the job itself. Then it is followed with a 2 month indoctrination that teaches you about being a member of the US Navy, the expectations, and ensures you are fit for the job. Then from there you go to the school to learn your job and then you begin carrying out the job role you chose initially.

Interview Questions
  • They ask about your personal past in a have you ever manner. Ensure you are honest or keep all your stories straight as things will come up again later.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (United States)

Interview

This is a multiple day hiring process that includes a IQ test along with a full medical screening. You will have to submit to a background investigation and take multiple drug tests. Once you are given a contract you may have to wait up to a year before shipping to basic training.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at US Navy (Flint, MI)

Interview

volunteer to join the United States Navy complete back ground check, drug test, select job field that is open, able to pass navy boot camp, pass job school, able to take orders, follow directions, attention to detail, meet deadlines, conduct on the job training,

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (United States)

Interview

Done by a recruiter, simple. The Navy has certain standards and requirements that must be met before you can be processed and sent on to training. Interview experience was easy and quick. The processing time is what drags on while you wait to be processed for Boot Camp and school.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at US Navy (United States) in Jan 2015

Interview

Long process. Looked into much of my past. I talked to about 10 different people during the interview. There was many people fighting for the same job. Did not tell me everything that was envoled with the job.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at US Navy (United States)

Interview

Wasn't hard at all. Just went to the Navy Recruiter's office and sat down with the recruiter and discussed the options avalable and what my intrests were. We discussed my job history and education. The recruiter let me know of all the benifits available like G.I Bill, TSP, SGLI and insentive pays for different programs.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10 months. I interviewed at US Navy (United States)

Interview

same as joining any branch of the military. there really was not a whole lot to it. you tell them you want to join fill out the paper work and then you are on your way to boot camp.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at US Navy (New York, NY) in Jan 2014

Interview

full scope background check, medical screen and ASVAB requirement. 8 weeks prep for bootcamp then submission into bootcamp in Chicago for 8 weeks training. This was followed by a 10 week AIT equivalent called A school where you learned your job

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at US Navy (Saint Louis, MO) in Nov 2012

Interview

There is not really an interview per se. If you are qualified (i.e. High School or College Senior or Grad, pass the ASVAB test, and have not had any real trouble with law enforcement) and you want to join, see a recruiter and they will explain what you need to do.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the Navy and what are you interested in?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15