US Navy Machinist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

1.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Parkersburg, WV).

Interview

Medical screening and ASVAB examination to determine if I was qualified for position without additional schooling or needing to take a different rate. Your rating in the US navy is determined based off the score on the ASVAB and the jobs you are eligible for. You are then given this list of jobs and asked to decide what you want to do. You can take a prep course and retake the exam if you didn't qualify for the rating you want.

Aviation Machinist's Mate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (New York, NY).

Interview

There is no interview process when enlisting and getting a job in the Navy. Your job assigned depends on your ASVAB score and, obviously, the higher you score the better jobs you can choose from.

Anonymous Employee in Great Falls, MT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Great Falls, MT).

Interview

sign this paper, do a drug test, take a test, choose your job, sign all these papers, wait to go to boot camp, complete boot camp, go to nuke school, pass school stay as nuke.

Nuclear Machinist Mate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Required to take the ASVAB test to qualify for the postion. Once the test was graded discussed what positions I qualified for. After going over the positions I chose to enter the Navy's nuclear training program based on training and bonuses available.

Interview Questions

• Asked about prior drug use and schooling.   1 Answer

Machinist Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Navy (Chillicothe, OH).

Interview

if you can walk like a duck, not do drugs and pass a generalized test with higher than a 35% you can join the navy. They make you sign your name a lot and take finger print scans. You get to meet masses of grumpy people who do the same tasks 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, all year long.

Interview Questions

• can you sign your name here   1 Answer

Machinist Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Flushing, NY).

Interview

The various jobs are offered based on an aptitude test known as the ASVAB. Based on the results of the ASVAB, they will let you choose from a handful of jobs that you qualify for.

Interview Questions

• Did you finish high school?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Showed up at the recruiters office and within a week I was at the military entrance processing station. Once there I took the Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Battery I was immediately offered several positions.

Aviation Machinist Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Prescott, AZ).

Interview

Apply with over a 55 on your ASVAB and youre golden, I had to wait a whole year in ored to get the job I wanted. So plan accordingly. The goal of these changes is to achieve a healthier, fitter force over the short and long term with more Sailors taking the PRT resulting in fewer failures and better mission readiness.

Interview Questions

• Drug history?
      Crime History?
      Traffic tickets?
      Affiliations?   1 Answer

Machinists Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

No interview. Take the ASFAB (general test to check your skills and basic knowledge) and if you score high enough, then take the Nuclear Field entry exam.

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Baltimore, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

Entered the recruiter office and filled out a questionnaire and a bunch of privacy waivers for them to perform a detailed background check. After that I took the ASVAB and signed a contract to join the military.