US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.2

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (Portsmouth, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applying online was the hardest part. Interviews start as phone interviews before the meet up. They will ask basic questions, mostly about your experiences. They seem to be looking for passion and drive. At the face to face interview, they will give you a tour to unclassified areas and tell you about the job. They won't ask many techinal questions, however they will expect you to prove some knowledge by how well you ask them questions during the tour and meetings with various personel. After that its a waiting game.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?
      Tell us about school.
      We had this problem with an aircraft carrier, took a while to find a solution. How would you have done it?
      Answer Question

E-6 US Navy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Long and through process with extensive medical history review, criminal background, informal. Came to the house and sat with me before asking me to the office to take the practice exam (ASVAB). After passing the test with a high score they put the pressure on.

Interview Questions

• Have you been charged with or convicted of a felony   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

You need to be a high school graduate or higher, speak English, and work well with others. Adhere to the Navy Core Values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment

Interview Questions

• Are you drug free and can you commit to serving your country?   1 Answer

US Navy Enlisted Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Must complete medical and personal history. Job will also require an ASVAB score that will ultimately determine the job you are able to place. This is the most vital part. Be honest in all of your answers, they have heard it all before.

Interview Questions

• Drug use, arrest records etc.   1 Answer

Sailor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Anyone can join the military unless they have a unapproved medical issue that would prohibit them from performing the duties. Pre tests are conducted by medical staff prior to you leaving. You will then be allowed or denied.

Interview Questions

• You are essentially put through the "ringer"   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgecrest, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Ridgecrest, CA).

Interview

Interviewed at Navair in Ridgecrest, CA. Overall, it was pretty interesting. Ridgecrest is absolutely small-town living, which I wasn't opposed to. I was there all day, but still didn't see a majority of the base. Seemed like a mix of really interesting stuff, and some boring projects too. No technical questions at all, which is generally a bad sign. If you aren't asked technical questions, don't expect to do technical work because clearly it isn't that important to the job. Was offered $62,500

Interview Questions

• All basic behavioral stuff. Explained some things on my resume too.   Answer Question

AirCrew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Lansing, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Filled out an application and was accepted. I did a drug test and background check. I did a physical fitness test and passed prior to entering boot camp. I applied form a list of jobs given,

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (Garden City, KS) in January 2013.

Interview

it was a very good process I was very impressed with all of the questions that they asked and I was also impressed with their nice speaking voice. the interview process was very short and I enjoyed it.

O3 - Navy - Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Strict for getting into submarines. Have to fly out to DC and go through several technical interviews before finally sitting down with the head of Naval Reactors, one of the highest ranking Navy Admirals. Very stressful but worth it.

Interview Questions

• A balloon is deflating at a rate of 10in^3 per second. Given it's initial volume and surface area, what is the equation to solve for it's surface area at any given time.   Answer Question

E-6 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

There was not an actual interview process. You take a placement test and then go to your local MEPS station in order to go through some other testing for acceptance. You have a medical screening and then sit down and explain your tattoos and look at your options for employment based upon the exam scores.