US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.2

Enlisted Military Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

It's a big time process. There are a lot of forms and tests you have to do. Go to the recruiter, they see if you are eligible. You sign a bunch of forms, they eventually send you to MEPS, that's where they make sure you are physically able and you take your ASVAB. Your score will give you what jobs you can do. You select your job, swear in and get your ship out date. Go to boot camp, pass boot camp, do your MOS/A school training, then off to your first duty station.

Interview Questions

• It's a long drawn out process. Just be patient and make sure this is something you want to do.   1 Answer

Hospital Corpsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Erlanger, KY).

Interview

There wasnt really a job interview it was more like this is what you get i hope you enjoy it kind of situation i went right into meps looked at the guy and i told him i wanted to be on a ship and he said that all they had was hospital corpsman so i took it

Hospital Corpsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staunton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Staunton, VA).

Interview

The process of getting my job was easy however once I got to bootcamp they changed my job from corpsman to electrician. I was upset do to the fact that being a corpsman was the only reason i joined in the first place. But as an electrician i advanced fairly quickly.

Cryptologic Technician Interpretive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

You work with your local Navy recruiter and go through some prescreening tests first to assess your aptitude. This will allows recruiters to offer you positions that you qualify for and are currently available. You have to provide your medical records and they'll do a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Navy?   1 Answer

Cryptologic Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Temecula, CA).

Interview

I was put through a multitude of background investigations, security interviews, and polygraph exams. Also personal finance investigations. Your physical fitness, height and weight are also tested. About 30% of Americans are ever eligible to serve in the US Military.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Go to a recruiting station and the recruiters will most likely be very eager to facilitate your enlistment. Take the ASVAB test and score well. If you score well, Navy life is much easier. If you do not score well, you may not get in and if you do, your job will be painting the ship(rain or shine). Study for the ASVAB and do not accept the score unless you feel like you have achieved your maximum.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Killeen, TX).

Interview

You must first take the ASVAB, in order to find a job suited for you. You can go talk to a recruiter, and they can help figure out the details.

Interview Questions

• Was I physically fit, enough to do a physical assessment twice a year.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Navy (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Delayed Entry Program (DEP) I walked in and mentioned wanting to know more about the Navy. I was asked many questions back then but I honestly do not remember any of them. I am sure they asked about drug use and smoking, etc.

Fireman Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Sign on the dotted line, go to meps and get screened by doctors and take the asvab test then go back to recruiter and learn which date you will go to boot camp

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

2 hour long Tech interviews and 1 short face to face with the director of Navy Nuclear Propulsion. The technical interviews drove my acceptance into the program. This was an all day interview with a study day leading up to the interview. Expenses were paid in Washington D.C.