US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.2

Fireman Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Sign on the dotted line, go to meps and get screened by doctors and take the asvab test then go back to recruiter and learn which date you will go to boot camp

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

2 hour long Tech interviews and 1 short face to face with the director of Navy Nuclear Propulsion. The technical interviews drove my acceptance into the program. This was an all day interview with a study day leading up to the interview. Expenses were paid in Washington D.C.

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

go the recruitment office and tell them i wanted to join, i took the ASVAB and signed the papers then waited my turn to go to boot camp. I got a background check and lost some weight.

E-6 US Navy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Long and through process with extensive medical history review, criminal background, informal. Came to the house and sat with me before asking me to the office to take the practice exam (ASVAB). After passing the test with a high score they put the pressure on.

Interview Questions

• Have you been charged with or convicted of a felony   1 Answer

Sailor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Anyone can join the military unless they have a unapproved medical issue that would prohibit them from performing the duties. Pre tests are conducted by medical staff prior to you leaving. You will then be allowed or denied.

Interview Questions

• You are essentially put through the "ringer"   1 Answer

US Navy Enlisted Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Must complete medical and personal history. Job will also require an ASVAB score that will ultimately determine the job you are able to place. This is the most vital part. Be honest in all of your answers, they have heard it all before.

Interview Questions

• Drug use, arrest records etc.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgecrest, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Ridgecrest, CA).

Interview

Interviewed at Navair in Ridgecrest, CA. Overall, it was pretty interesting. Ridgecrest is absolutely small-town living, which I wasn't opposed to. I was there all day, but still didn't see a majority of the base. Seemed like a mix of really interesting stuff, and some boring projects too. No technical questions at all, which is generally a bad sign. If you aren't asked technical questions, don't expect to do technical work because clearly it isn't that important to the job. Was offered $62,500

Interview Questions

• All basic behavioral stuff. Explained some things on my resume too.   Answer Question

Nuclear Machinist Mate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Parkersburg, WV).

Interview

Medical screening and ASVAB examination to determine if I was qualified for position without additional schooling or needing to take a different rate. Your rating in the US navy is determined based off the score on the ASVAB and the jobs you are eligible for. You are then given this list of jobs and asked to decide what you want to do. You can take a prep course and retake the exam if you didn't qualify for the rating you want.

E-6 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

There was not an actual interview process. You take a placement test and then go to your local MEPS station in order to go through some other testing for acceptance. You have a medical screening and then sit down and explain your tattoos and look at your options for employment based upon the exam scores.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

No interview required. Once you get your commission as an officer in the US Navy, you just pick available jobs anywhere in the world. Your specialty and rank will be the main selection factors for you to get the job. If the job is available, you can pretty much get it.