US Navy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.2

Fire Controlman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

They ask basic questions for joining the military and there is a ton of paperwork then I had an 8 month DEP period. During that DEP Period we did workouts to help with basic training and monthly training with the other "future sailors".

Anonymous Interview

Interview

easy and casual. mostly back ground check. details about family. Talked about a lot about future expectations and educations. Physical readiness overall and lifestyle, which is important because navy is zero tolerance for drugs.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

It was more than I expected with the amount of questions that where given by the different people that asked the questions that where given. Please understand that this can be a panel of peers to those higher up in the chain of command

Saleman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview as very Informal. Manager stuck to the basic questions that were already on the application. Just as I said in the first part of my statement, it was very informal

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Application process is using USAJOBS web page. It is a slow process and notifications may or may not happen. Interview was straight forward. It was a panel interview with two people present and one participated by phone.

Aviation Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Navy (Portland, OR).

Interview

The recruiter came to my home and escorted me to the office. The people at the office were courteous and professional. It wasn't really much of an interview- more like gathering the required information. Didn't have to prove that I knew the job already. They gave me an aptitude test to see what types of jobs I qualified for.

Interview Questions

• They just verified my age size and health   1 Answer

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC).

Interview

1 day at Naval Reactors. Had 2 interviews with Engineers and 1 interview with the Admiral. The Engineers asked technical questions about mathematics and engineering courses I had taken. They were all very careful to make sure I gave my best answer and I did not feel pressed for time. The interview with the Admiral was very quick. He had my transcripts and asked a couple of questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain something interesting from your major.   1 Answer

Gas Turbine Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Sumter, SC).

Interview

I went down to the recruiting office and the recruiter gave me some paperwork to fill out and asked me a few questions. Once paperwork and background check is done that determines if you are eligible to join.

Telecommunications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Gulfport, MS).

Interview

Supervisor and board review process and notification. Generally a round table question and answer period gauged toward assessing your qualifications, background, skills and knowledge in the principles associated with the daily tasking, work structure, environment and ability to accomplish the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe one good thing about you and one bad thing about you.   1 Answer

Department Head - Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply on USA Jobs and then an panel interview with standard questions. There are several forms to fill out for a security check and background check in order to obtain a security clearance.