US Navy Interview Questions in Norfolk, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.7

Physical Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was direct question and answering in a very relaxed setting. Very professional and structured. The interview took approximately one hour to conduct. After the interview process, the person performing the interview was very candid and relaxed as well.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Interview process to join the Navy as an officer is done through admission to the Naval Academy, Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) or Officer Candidate School. The primary interview is conducted by a commissioned officer who evaluates the applicants propensity to serve as an officer in the Navy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult decision you have recently made and what considerations did you evaluate.   Answer Question

Sailor of the Quarter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Stood in line with four other Sailors awaiting entrance to be asked a series of questions relating to current events, uniform upkeep, chain of command and how i feel about women serving in combat.

Interview Questions

• What is the Navy's new Physical Requirements Testing Policy.   Answer Question

Landscaper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Asked questions in regards to landscape experience and knowledge based test. It was a group panel, consisted of 20 questions all bout 1 question related directly to lawn care. Plus a hands on test with various equipment.

Interview Questions

• What type of equipment have I used?   1 Answer

Leading ChiefAvionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Just needed to spend about an hour with the Personnel manager and another hour with the maintenance manager. Both interviews went well. This was an interview with-in the company but required using my skills at a different position than before and relocating.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work all hours   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was negotiation for salary or benefits, those were already contracted by the government. this was a yes or no if i fit their needs.

EOD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Looking for a lucrative position in Homeland Security. Would like to live in the contental United States. Have experience in counter Improvised Explosives Devices, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and Underwater Mine Counter Measures

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Interview

The hiring process starts at the MEPS location. Please contact your local U.S. Navy detailer for the current recruitment requirements and job postings. You can always apply for other jobs or skill ratings after you complete the required time limits.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Great Interview process Salary discussed responsibilities of job. Work hours and available. Short brief. Interviewer very knowledgeable and proud of the organization. Handbook and job description given before interview begin

Interview Questions

• Qualities and character of candidate
      Examples of negative comments and how you responded
      Training and Advanced
    • Would I be able to work overtime   1 Answer
    • When can you begin, if offer the job   1 Answer

Naval Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

There are no interviews for officers like civilian positions use...the emphasis is on education and qualifications which Officer recruiters can provide greater details. For those being selected from the enlisted ranks, there are interviews that will cover various pertinent topics relative to career progression and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Navy Limited Duty Offeicer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Board process and package of paperwork is sent for review. Panel of 3 personnel sit on the board, multiple questions, could be a multiple of answers that are correct, it is simply based on how you respond, how would you handle difficult scenarios.