US Navy Interview Questions in Norfolk, VA | Glassdoor

2.6

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

US Navy Enlisted Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Just do well in your ASVAB and could get a job that you want. Do a lot of research and talk to people already in the Navy. Do not get enticed by recruiters into enlisting as an undesignated sailor. You will hate your life!

Physical Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was direct question and answering in a very relaxed setting. Very professional and structured. The interview took approximately one hour to conduct. After the interview process, the person performing the interview was very candid and relaxed as well.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (Portsmouth, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applying online was the hardest part. Interviews start as phone interviews before the meet up. They will ask basic questions, mostly about your experiences. They seem to be looking for passion and drive. At the face to face interview, they will give you a tour to unclassified areas and tell you about the job. They won't ask many techinal questions, however they will expect you to prove some knowledge by how well you ask them questions during the tour and meetings with various personel. After that its a waiting game.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?
      Tell us about school.
      We had this problem with an aircraft carrier, took a while to find a solution. How would you have done it?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Interview process to join the Navy as an officer is done through admission to the Naval Academy, Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) or Officer Candidate School. The primary interview is conducted by a commissioned officer who evaluates the applicants propensity to serve as an officer in the Navy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult decision you have recently made and what considerations did you evaluate.   Answer Question

Sailor of the Quarter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Stood in line with four other Sailors awaiting entrance to be asked a series of questions relating to current events, uniform upkeep, chain of command and how i feel about women serving in combat.

Interview Questions

• What is the Navy's new Physical Requirements Testing Policy.   Answer Question

Landscaper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Asked questions in regards to landscape experience and knowledge based test. It was a group panel, consisted of 20 questions all bout 1 question related directly to lawn care. Plus a hands on test with various equipment.

Interview Questions

• What type of equipment have I used?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Leading ChiefAvionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Just needed to spend about an hour with the Personnel manager and another hour with the maintenance manager. Both interviews went well. This was an interview with-in the company but required using my skills at a different position than before and relocating.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work all hours   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was negotiation for salary or benefits, those were already contracted by the government. this was a yes or no if i fit their needs.

JICO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Record reviewed by panel of JICOs . They screen all candidates and determine who will be selected for the board process and interview. Each candidate takes turn going in front of a board . Board ask questions related to the JICO job and about the candidate work history and background.

EOD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Looking for a lucrative position in Homeland Security. Would like to live in the contental United States. Have experience in counter Improvised Explosives Devices, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and Underwater Mine Counter Measures

Service Man Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (Norfolk, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

take a test to see where you should serve at. You have a background check to make sure your good and maybe credit but the test is the most important