US Navy Nuclear Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Navy Nuclear Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC).

Interview

They fly you to Washington DC where you will get two technical interviews at Naval Reactors, and a third if you don't do well enough. Then you get a short interview with the Admiral in charge of the Navy Nuclear Program. Any course on your college transcript is up for grabs in the technical interviews, so you will want to study those topics prior to.

Interview Questions

• One series of questions I received was about the different interactions that occur in a nuclear reactor.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kannapolis, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Kannapolis, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Disorganized. There was not a set schedule to follow. It was more along the lines of go here.. never mind. Come this way.. once your done be here.. actually we want you over there. A bit frustrating at times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for the US Navy and the nuclear program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Meet a recruiter on a college campus, had a quick 1 on 1 interview. After I sent them my transcripts, we set up an onsite interview. Gov't paid for everything. Onsite interview was 4 other candidates and we mostly just walking around the shipyard, talking to random people. Had a 1 on 1 with the 'boss-to-be' and a group interview with people who would be my coworkers.

All candidates had to then reapply online and go through usajobs.gov . After about 3 months, I got a phone call asking if I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with non-engineers.   Answer Question

Boss-to-be seemed 'odd', didn't like that fact that I had to reapply online after being told onsite that I would have a job.

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Invited to DC to interview. Had technical interviews with three SESs and a final interview with the Director. The technical interviews were 45 minutes and largely focused on calculus and physics problems, but there was also a good amount of time spent in discussion. There is a fit process going on throughout the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed leadership? Some of my answer sounded like management to him, so I had to refine mid-course to focus on the leadership side.   Answer Question