US Navy Recruit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Navy Recruit Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2016

1.4

Recruit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Take a test, physical exam, pick a job and then pick a ship date you are all set. As long as you do not get disqualified you are in the Navy. Drugs are NO NO.

Interview Questions

• When you get to the classifier they check what you qualify for based on you AFQT/ASVAB. You get offered a job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

No interview really, ASVAB test will access your skills and knowledge, then you will see a list of jobs you might qualify for. You'll also background check, medical/dental physical exam,

Interview Questions

• You will be assessed and offered jobs based on ability, interest and need.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Boot camp was a bit over 7 weeks long. It took a lone time to get there, but after it was another 24 weeks at A school. A school was long too. I wish it had been shorter but it was ok. Then I went overseas for a while. It was ok but I wish it had been shorter. It was really hot where I had to go, but they gave us plenty of water.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Maitland, FL).

Interview

Visit your local recruiter to get prerequisites and helpful information for successful sign up. Remember to get as much in writing as you can and don't commit to joining unless you have a job title in your contract.

Interview Questions

• Usually medical or drug use questions are the ones that trip most candidates up.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Seattle, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Recruiter - "Hey come down to our HQ if you want to find out more about recruiting". Myself - "yea sure. sounds good. When would you want to meet". Recruiter - " tomorrow". Next Day, I walk through the front doors to meet the recruiter at HQ. Recruiter- "Hi thanks for coming down, let me introduce you to our Skipper". Commanding Officer " Hello! Welcome aboard! were very excited for your application and will make sure to process your paper work as fast as possible to successfully gain you!".... : P. in all reality. these sailors were great, i had already made up my mind before they made it up for me. there quick and efficient at what they do. i was happy to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• how would your fellow shipmates and leading petty officers rate you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Montgomery, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy but relatively easy. You go to a recruiter, they embellish the truth a bit, you pick a job, sign some papers and off to processing you go. There they do a full medical workup and check everything to make sure you are physically fit and healthy enough for service. From there you get your ship date to recruit training and so begins your career for the next four or more years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Went to local office, talked to a recruiter. Filled out some background information. Spoke to recruiter, set up testing and physical. Reviewed results and signed up. they spoke to me forever about the opportunities.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Navy (Las Cruces, NM) in January 2011.

Interview

N/A Primarily as long as you qualify mentally, physically, and of course no criminal background you have a great shot. The primary concern is ensuring you remain truthful and of course you follow through with what the recruiter request, (I.E) you contact them when your ready, you have Birth certificate, ssn card, and diploma with you. Ensure you don't have any tickets or civil suite pending.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Springfield, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

Applicant must be physically fit and have a clean record in most cases. Job assignment must be chosen immediately but may be changed later.

Interview Questions

• Are you or have you ever been a member of the communist party?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Must be physically, morally, and mentally qualified. Must pass an ASVAB screening test with a 50 AFQT score or higher. Can no have any open court cases. Must meet height and weight standards.