US Navy Reserves Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

1.8

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview started with the recruiter interviewing me , then a pre- test, a test few week later because it had to be scheduled and completed at a different location. Drug test, IQ testing , physical, was conducted and I was selected afterwards

Interview Questions

• The type of work I want to do

Did I think, I was qualified for the job

'm I willing to sign a 4 year contract   Answer Question

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Boise, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

By Phone call, asked several questions on types of equipment and details of the extent of expertise in the field. Also asked about if I would be willing to move to VA.

Interview Questions

• My knowledge of the type of equipment I would be working on.   1 Answer

Wife was not willing to move to VA.

Midshipman 4th Class Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview is with a naval or marine corps officer that will likely serve as staff at a NROTC unit close to where you live. Note that this unit is not necessarily where you will attend your undergrad because the interview process is in pursuit of the scholarship, which may be applied at any university (depending on what scholarship type). The officer will ask you basic questions about why you wish to serve in the Navy and what billet you may wish to receive upon graduation/ which warfare community you are most interested in. Overall, the process is fairly simple. Just remember that they are an officer, so address them with the proper greeting of the day, sit in an almost modified position of attention (don't slouch), and be very respectful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to serve as an officer rather that an enlisted sailor?   1 Answer

Enlisted Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

You go to the recruitment office and say you want in. there are not any hard questions just getting to know you. then before you are in you have to take a written placement test. some basic math, English other more specific questions to see how much you know. depending on your score ether you are in or not, and if you are in, the jobs they offer you depend on how high you scored in the test.

Interview Questions

• what does Newton's second law of motion state?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves.

Interview

You are required to complete the processing to enter the military, unless you have previously served. If you have not been in the military, you will have to go to basic training followed by training for your particular job.

CTR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Pensacola, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Military processing is a complex process that takes into account mental aptitude (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery ASVAB Test), mental and physical health, social and employment history, as well as financial history and credit check. This 'whole person' viewpoint allows the Navy to search for quality over quantity and to develop leaders who will represent the United States today and tomorrow, not just butts to fill seats.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect of applying for CTR is the financial review process. Credit history, including bankruptcy, outstanding debt held for over 90 days, and other financial problems can prohibit an otherwise excellent candidate from entering into the field.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves.

Interview

Visit a recruiter. Plan on taking an ASVAB test to determine if you can get into the Navy and what career fields you quality for. Some Rates (job specialty) have nice bonus pay. Unfortunately, just because you quality for a specific Rate if it is not open you will have to choose something else.

Interview Questions

• Just be honest with anything you have done in the past. If you do not state everything and a background check shows a hiccup, you will be booted from the program. Gone are the days of just signing on the line and you're in. The military is getting more technical and they are looking for bright people with solid backgrounds.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation just a payscale. However, as you go up in rank your pay increases. Typically, in January there will be a pay increase as well set by Congress. Keep in mind - once you go on deployment where you are considered Active Duty, you will qualify for BAH (housing) and several other types of pay.

Active Reserves Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (New Haven, CT) in December 2013.

Interview

Total prior service and occupational rating are considered when re-entering the active reserve component. A thorough criminal background investigation is performed including a drug test and a thorough medical questionnaire is reviewed and a qualifying medical examination is administered.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing and able to mobilize in or out of country in support of any military campaign lasting up to one year?   1 Answer

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Oakland, CA).

Interview

If it is totally out of your system, and if you never got arrested for it, don't say you ever did drugs. If it isn't, or if you did, then you might as well tell. Don't tell lies that can be caught.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of any difficult questions other than the one above.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will be offered positions based on current manning levels for different positions. These change. If you don't get the job you want from the classifier, you can always say no. Do a little research about the different job "ratings" ahead of time.

Aviation Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fallon, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Fallon, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

Straight forward and to the point. Once you are accepted someone will contact you asking questions about you and your family. Most contact at first be through email and phone calls. Once you get on site then you will be interviewed by 4 top level officers.