US Navy Reserves Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Navy Reserves

1.8

PO2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Sparks, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Talk to any recruiter. Do not lie about any medical issues and make sure your recruiter doesn't fudge your paperwork! Just try to be as open and honest as possible so that nothing will come back and haunt you later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a felony?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview started with the recruiter interviewing me , then a pre- test, a test few week later because it had to be scheduled and completed at a different location. Drug test, IQ testing , physical, was conducted and I was selected afterwards

Interview Questions

• The type of work I want to do

Did I think, I was qualified for the job

'm I willing to sign a 4 year contract   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves.

Interview

You are required to complete the processing to enter the military, unless you have previously served. If you have not been in the military, you will have to go to basic training followed by training for your particular job.

Intelligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Burlington, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

No interview process for Navy Reserves. I requested a date with a recruiter and sat down and was offered jobs that fit my education and fitness qualifications. I signed the necessary paperwork and was given a date to check into my new command.

Information Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The recruitment process was lengthy. DEP (delayed entry program) was the longest part, waiting to leave and having to say goodbye to friends and family. Going to MEPS, taking the ASVAB in order to see what I would be good at in the military.

Interview Questions

• Do I have kids? College? Why I am interested in the military.   1 Answer

Sailor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

No interview. Selected based on test score. You are schedule for your test through your recruiter and upon completion and scoring of the exam, if you scored well, you have a bunch of fields (rates) you can choose from or, if you score poorly, you limit yourself to a few.

Enlisted Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

You go to the recruitment office and say you want in. there are not any hard questions just getting to know you. then before you are in you have to take a written placement test. some basic math, English other more specific questions to see how much you know. depending on your score ether you are in or not, and if you are in, the jobs they offer you depend on how high you scored in the test.

Interview Questions

• what does Newton's second law of motion state?   1 Answer

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Oakland, CA).

Interview

If it is totally out of your system, and if you never got arrested for it, don't say you ever did drugs. If it isn't, or if you did, then you might as well tell. Don't tell lies that can be caught.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of any difficult questions other than the one above.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will be offered positions based on current manning levels for different positions. These change. If you don't get the job you want from the classifier, you can always say no. Do a little research about the different job "ratings" ahead of time.

Hospital Corpsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Spokane, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

There is no formal interview process, more of a one on one sit down with a recruiter in an office. They gather your information, and begin a background check, as well as screen you for what you possibly would like to do in the Navy/Navy Reserves

Interview Questions

• Not much in the way of an interview, mainly just background investigation and a trip to MEPS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, it is the government, so you are paid based off of pay grades, and advanced via testing

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy Reserves (Boise, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

By Phone call, asked several questions on types of equipment and details of the extent of expertise in the field. Also asked about if I would be willing to move to VA.

Interview Questions

• My knowledge of the type of equipment I would be working on.   1 Answer

Wife was not willing to move to VA.