US Navy Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Panel interview via Skype. Depersonalized and uncomfortable. Could not gauge how they were feeling. I would have much preferred a face to face interview. It felt very robotic with no real interaction. Hard to see their facial expression or take cues on answering the questions. I did not like this type of interview.

Interview Questions

• current and past experience; basic interview questions   1 Answer

Fireman Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Sign on the dotted line, go to meps and get screened by doctors and take the asvab test then go back to recruiter and learn which date you will go to boot camp

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Focused on tech skills and an understanding of FAR, DFARS and regulations germane to Governemnt contracting. I had to interview and then wait for about 45 days before anything moved forward due to HR process. Long process but smooth overall.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Application process is using USAJOBS web page. It is a slow process and notifications may or may not happen. Interview was straight forward. It was a panel interview with two people present and one participated by phone.

Department Head - Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply on USA Jobs and then an panel interview with standard questions. There are several forms to fill out for a security check and background check in order to obtain a security clearance.

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Your first classes opinion of you even though they are never around to see what's going on and that same can be said about whoever the chief is. The officers for the most part are terrible and don't know what's going on so it's pointless to talk to them. No one takes responsibility for anything so nothing ever gets fixed.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

No interview as I was previously doing the job on active duty. I applied for the job on line and within a week of the posting closing, I received a tentative job offer. They called to see if I wanted the job and the I received a formal job offer. That was it.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was calm and simple. Several questions were asked regarding my strengths and my morals. A few were about what I want from the company and what I would do to better myself for the company.

Interview Questions

• Would you continue your education?
      What do you hope to gain from working with our company?
      How did you feel about your last job and why?   2 Answers

Assistant Computer Technical Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process seemed a bit rushed. Almost as if they were simply rushing to get any willing candidate to fill this role. Minimal technical knowledge will be needed to get through this interview. Simply have good things to say about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Name your greatest achievement.   1 Answer

General Dentist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the OIC at the 32nd St clinic. The interview was a formality. I was interviewed by a Captain. I was applying for the HPSP "scholarship" program. At the time in 2008 it was a formality. They were offering the scholarship automatically to anyone with a 20DAT and 3.5 GPA.

Interview Questions

• Where are you going to Dental school   1 Answer