US Oncology Account Specialist - Customer Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Oncology

1 Interview Review

Account Specialist - Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Oncology (The Woodlands, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job online, though one of my parents does work far removed from this position in the company, I still got the call of my own merits--before my parent's "favors" were ever called in. I received a call from one of the members of the team I would be working on (who it turns out was the person I'd be replacing). She gave me a brief phone screen, why I was looking, explaining about the position, etc. That evening, she sent me an Excel skills exercise, writing exercises and several pages of behavioral and situational interview questions. They were looking to move quickly to fill the position, so I turned everything in the next day and she called to schedule an interview the next afternoon.

At the onsite manager I met with Girl 1, another Team Member, and the Supervising manager. Basic interview questions, and some personal things as they were really looking for a good "personality fit" for their tight-knit team that sort of stands alone, functionally, in the company.

The next day, the HR specialst (first time I'd heard from HR!) called to offer me the position. I accepted, but asked to negotiate a little bit on Salary and possibly relocation help. Also to negotiate start date because I would have to relocate and they had asked me to start in 13 days. See "Why I declined offer" -- srince there is no choice for HR and Manager got their wires crossed and then went on radio silence for a week and then retracted my offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in your personal or professional life where you have had to deal with conflict with a customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
  • Given a set of raw data in MS Excel, prepare both an internal report and and external report regarding the status of this customer account.   1 Answer

The HR specialist took my requests to the hiring manager, and some feelings got hurt. Apparently, the hiring manager was insisting that she had made a firm salary offer to me during the interview (not true--we only talked "range"). I apologized for the confusion and the recruiter and I agreed to take 24 hours and regroup. I did really want the position. 24 hours and a couple of messages later left with HR's voicemail and I haven't heard an answer back at all. EDIT until today when I got a curt email from HR retracting my offer. Meanwhile I got a better offer elsewhere, so good riddance.