US Patent and Trademark Office Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

US Patent and Trademark Office Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on USAJOBS. I interviewed USPTO on April 14.
    They want me to use WebEx, but we had a trouble to connect so I just call the interviewer. A Senior Patent Examiner asked five interview questions. Then I asked questions such as what I'm going to do here as a patent examiner and how long the process will take. He said it probably will take 1~2 weeks and then someone in the hiring center will content me for next process. But I'm still waiting.

Design Patent Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply on usajobs.com, the process takes about 8 weeks. Expect to hear back about an interview week 4. They interviewed for two weeks on week 6 and 7 and notified applicants on week 8 with job offers. The interview is two part. The first is answering a set of object description questions and visual acuity problems (i.e. unfolding a cube, describing different angles of an object, etc). You are alone in a room for 15 minutes. Second part is a face to face with three managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you know you were correct and someone else was not. Be specific.   3 Answers
    • Describe a time when you were wrong and someone else was not. Be specific.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a complex problem and the outcome was successful. Be specific.   Answer Question

Linux Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick, Interviewed with 2-3 people, one room, all at the same time. Make sure to bring Identification to get into the building, 2 forms of ID are always helpful in a government building setting, but a driver's license will suffice. A lot of networking questions, and basic linux admin questions.

Interview Questions

• Day to day at previous employeer, network troubleshooting questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward, no surprises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through usajobs.gov. After the application it took almost 4 months for me to get an interview. Once i got the interview it was pretty simple all the question are mentioned here. It lasted about 40 mins but thats because the lady was just explaining the duties. Also the interview was through webcam but it didn't work for me so we just talked over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Is there a particular area of technology you'd be interested in?
   Answer Question
    • Describe a technical project for which you had to do extensive research.
   Answer Question
    • If you were given 4 projects, all with the same importance and same deadlines, how would you prioritize these projects so that all 4 a completed on time?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and after few weeks ( 3-4) got email for Interview. Interview was on phone, it lasted about half an hour. All the questions are listed in this site, behavior questions. Interviewer was very nice person. It seems to me He satisfied with my answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you work on   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a telephone interview through email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected after reading through other's reviews. The Interview was straight forward. No tricky questions   Answer Question

Junior Patent Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with one principal patent examiner and one HR rep at the same time. Was asked to explain my background, qualifications, interest in the job and knowledge of the patent prosecution.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the US and global IP systems?   Answer Question