US Patent and Trademark Office Attorney-advisor, Trademarks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Patent and Trademark Office Attorney-advisor, Trademarks Interview Questions

Interviews at US Patent and Trademark Office

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process began with filing an application on USAJOBS.com. The job announcement closed on November 26, 2013 and I received my first email on that day stating that my application had been received. Approximately ten days later, I received a second email stating that I met the minimum qualifications and that my application would be sent to the selection officials. About a week later, I received an email requesting that I complete and submit a writing sample. The email contained three questions, provided a five-page limit, and a seven-day deadline to complete and submit. I submitted the documentation in mid-December and received notification of my first interview the day after Christmas. The notification came via email and stated that I had been selected for an interview in Washington, D.C., but I might be able to do a teleconference-style interview instead. I completed the first interview during the second week of January. I interviewed with three individuals, each of whom worked as a supervisor for trademark attorneys. The interviewers were friendly and cordial and told me a great deal about the position and their expectation of attorneys working there. In total the interview lasted approximately forty minutes. At the close of my first interview, I was told that they would finish interviews up that week, and could take up to two weeks after the close of first interviews to determine who would move on to a second interview. I received an email the same day as the first interviews closed inviting me to the second interview that MUST be done in DC. I received approximately eight days notice of the second interview.

The "second interview" was actually a second and third interview, as I spoke with two panels back to back. Each panel consisted of approximately eight law office managers or supervisors who asked a litany of questions. Most were typical interview questions, "Tell me about a time when..." sort of questions. The first panel lasted about 35 minutes; the second lasted a little less. I received a phone call about two weeks after my second interview tentatively offering me a position. I received a call from Human Resources (my first contact since the last mentioned) exactly two weeks after that asking if accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and Start Date are both non-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for US Patent and Trademark Office

Attorney-advisor, Trademarks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office.

Interview

First, I submitted my application online. Then I was asked to submit a writing sample. I was then scheduled for a first round interview. Both times I was contacted by email.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty much what you would expect. Why I was a good fit for the job and about my experiences I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The HR department set up an interview after I had applied through USA Jobs and submitted a personal statement (along with the other required documentation). I had an interview over the Internet because the weather was nasty in January. It was a very pleasant interview overall, and the three-person panel made me feel comfortable. Connecting with the server system was a little tricky at first, but the sound and visuals were good. I interviewed with three upper management people. It lasted about 30 minutes. I did get a second and third interview as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted solely of 2 panel interviews. Each interview was scheduled with about 7 managing attorneys and lasted about 45 minutes or so. Questions asked were fairy standard interview questions, with perhaps an emphasis on production-related questions (attorneys process numerous trademark applications so they want to know whether you'll be able to produce). Offers will not be extended until late January 2016.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain why I thought I would be able to meet or exceed their production standards.   Answer Question