US Patent and Trademark Office Junior Patent Examiner Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Via web-ex. Interview was casual. Questions asked could be found online. Interview process took 45 min. SPE was very informative and answered all questions I had about the position as well as the hiring process, including the start date of the next class and how long I should expect to hear back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the patent process is like? What is the role of the patent examiner?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Patent and Trademark Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

applied in February, interviewed in March, not selected in April. In applied on USAJOBS.gov - I already had my federal resume prepared. I carefully prepared my cover letter and did a lot of research to prepare for the interview. Perhaps I didn't get an offer because I was too eager, just guessing. One phone interview with 2 patent managers - both were very nice. Asked what I knew about the USPTO, how would I handle difficult people and to give details about my work experience. It was difficult to hear sometimes over the phone because they were both on speakers. I aksed a question but they either misunderstood or gave me additional information so we kind of went round and round on that one. They were very eager to tell me about the orientation and how you would progress in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with one principal patent examiner and one HR rep at the same time. Was asked to explain my background, qualifications, interest in the job and knowledge of the patent prosecution.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the US and global IP systems?   Answer Question