US Patent and Trademark Office Patent Examiner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Patent and Trademark Office Patent Examiner Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.3

Patent Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office.

Interview

Applied online, after about 2 weeks, I got an email for an online/phone interview. They asked typical behavioral questions. It's was a very simple process, but it seems like the interview did not matter if you were selected or not in the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple tasks of similar importance that would be due at the same time?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had to deal with someone that was hard to work with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Patent and Trademark Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

5 Personality Questions
    Used the WebX conference program with a current supervisory patent examiner and interview lasted about 1 hour. Did not few very personal but felt as he was reading directly from a script.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to do a lot of research   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to be very persuasive about something   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had an assignment due within a short period of time   Answer Question

Patent Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office in November 2016.

Interview

I met with some representatives at a University career fair and submitted an application online. There was one 30 minute phone interview. I interviewed for the Dallas office, but was also selected for an interview at the Alexandria office. I completed one phone interview and my responses were used for both offices.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to persuade a supervisor of something.
      Have you ever had to research a project that you didn't know anything about, how did you go about doing it?
      If you have 4 projects of equal importance with similar deadlines, how would you get them done?
      Name a time when you were given a task with a short turn around time.
      Answer Question

Patent Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office in October 2016.

Interview

Basic application on USA jobs. Then if you are selected for an interview, you will be asked 4 questions. The USPTO asks the same 4 questions every interview, so if you are able to find them then you should be able to answer everything.

Patent Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office.

Interview

An email was sent to confirm interview date. Can chose between phone or webcam interview. he/she asks same questions everyone else has mentioned. Very friendly and supportive. They tell you about the position and what you'll do.

Patent Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office.

Interview

First I applied on USA jobs. Then I waited about a month and got a phone interview with a supervisory patent examiner. I found out through email that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. Just general behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

You begin by applying to the USAJOBS.GOV, after the applications are reviewed by HR, after if you are lucky they will pick you for a phone interview with a supervisor where they asked very simple questions (behavioral type interview). The main thing is to ask questions and find out if that is something you want to do. It's not like any job you will have as an Engineer. Process might take one to 3 months. Very easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

30 minute Powerpoint presentation with a manager and prospective hires. Afterwards, a 15 minute face to face interview with an HR manager which is a quick review of your KSAs you submitted to USAjobs. Very straight forward to the point.

Interview Questions

• If I had any preferences for art area?   3 Answers

Patent Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted approximately one hour. Interview questions were straight forward and I was encouraged to ask as many questions as I needed/wanted to. I was given information in regards to training, production expectations, and the option of being able to work from home once you're eligible.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in being a Patent Examiner?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was via Webex, had some trouble with the audio so I called the interviewer phone number. The interview is about 30 min and first were some job experience questions as well as academic background. The she went ahead and ask behavioral questions - the questions are the ones posted.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple tasks that are due on the same date, what approach you would take to complete them?
      Name one situation when you received good criticism, and how did you assimilated it.
      1 Answer