US Patent and Trademark Office Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

US Patent and Trademark Office Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.5

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on USAJOBS. I interviewed USPTO on April 14.
    They want me to use WebEx, but we had a trouble to connect so I just call the interviewer. A Senior Patent Examiner asked five interview questions. Then I asked questions such as what I'm going to do here as a patent examiner and how long the process will take. He said it probably will take 1~2 weeks and then someone in the hiring center will content me for next process. But I'm still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Questions were exactly what has already been posted on glassdoor. Interview was very easy and seemed to flow naturally. The person interviewing me was very nice. I was asked when I could start and also why I was interested in the job. They also stressed to make sure I knew exactly what the job entails so be sure and watch the video they send to prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a deadline to meet and what did you do to achieve your goal. Name a time when you received constructive criticism and how did you handle it. If you have multiple projects with a similar deadline how do you solve them.   9 Answers

Application

Interview

I interviewed by Webex internet on April 11. The SPE asked me 5 questions. He was objective and wanted detailed answers. They are hiring 200 examiners. He said they will send offers in May. A lot of people applied. The training is supposed to start in June. I m a biomedical engineer with experience.

Interview Questions

• The same behavioral questions already posted here. No technical questions were asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (College Park, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Had some issues connecting to WebEx originally (ended up using my phone for audio and computer for video). Interviewer took it in stride, explained that it's a common issue. Ended up starting about 5-10 minutes late due to it, entire interview was about 40 minutes. Very easy, very similar to what is seen on glassdoor in other reviews. Mostly behavioral, with 5 questions basic questions about how you handle time management, experience with patents, all the same as seen in other reviews. Large amount of the time was going back and forth with the interviewer making small talk, overall an very laid back experience. Was told would hear back in 2-3 weeks concerning an offer, interviewer seemed positive about my chances of receiving one, heard back in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to display research skills in order to complete a job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

It's a 10 week process upon the cutoff/closing date. Week 2 or so I received an email from HR saying that I qualified and my application has been forwarded to hiring officials. Week 4-6 was interview (questions can be found on other post below like verbatim). I have applied like twice already going on my third round of hiring so I only had to interview once because the interview put into their database is valid for one year. It was a web-cam interview and they rate you from 1-5 (you want 3+). The interview was really easy and the people interviewing was nice. Around week 8-10 you hear back selected or not. I check this website frequently if anyone has questions, I've figured this process out pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Time management, priorities, basic questions   2 Answers

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed first on phone and covered my basic experiences. I was then called back approximately three weeks later for a panel interview in person. During the panel interview, I was able to elaborate on my experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Washington, DC).

Interview

The questions I received were exactly as those described in previous reviews. It was very helpful. I would prepare detailed answers for each question you can find. Be sure to be able to provide examples and show any technical knowledge you may have. I think that's where I was lacking.

Attorney-advisor, Trademarks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted solely of 2 panel interviews. Each interview was scheduled with about 7 managing attorneys and lasted about 45 minutes or so. Questions asked were fairy standard interview questions, with perhaps an emphasis on production-related questions (attorneys process numerous trademark applications so they want to know whether you'll be able to produce). Offers will not be extended until late January 2016.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain why I thought I would be able to meet or exceed their production standards.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Alexandria, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very typical standardized interview questions that can be seen all over the Internet. Very vague questions about giving an example of a time when "such and such". For example, "tell me about a time when you had multiple deadlines for different projects, how did you handle this and what was the outcome." Then there is some time for you to ask any questions you have.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had multiple deadlines for different projects, how did you handle this and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Webex interview appointment through an email. I have interviewed twice and both start 9am ET or 6am PST. Standard behavioral questions as outlined by others. They probably have less than 20 standard questions. Interview lasted for 30 min as scheduled for. Not technical question. The interview was a bit rush and seem like to get it over with.

Interview Questions

• If you have 4 projects of equal important, how do you prioritize and manage them.?   2 Answers