US Postal Service CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.1

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Blue Springs, MO).

Interview

It was easier 19 years ago, a little bit more tricky hiring process these days. You had to pass a very hard memory test & at least score above 90 to even be considered for a phone call. Had about 3 different interviews with 3 different cities. Lucked out & got hired in the city I grew up in.

Interview Questions

• Do I see this as my career path?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Locust Grove, GA).

Interview

I applied online. The interview was very easy. He asked I can work overtime if needed. I was sent out of town to train on how to drive a mail truck.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

There was no interview as you pass the postal exam your hired. The only interview was a medical one to determine fitness for the labor intense duties. There was no actual in the conventional sense.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had to show up three times. Waiting on letters for contacts and times. People showed up filthy and got the job. While i was in business attire and made fun of, i should have run for the border then. On my last interview a woman who has since passed told me you have to have a tough skin to work here because people will talk to you crazy...... I had no idea how bad it could be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Englewood, CO).

Interview

To be honest it's been like 15-16 years since my interview so I really can't remember what was said. I know there were questions about if I had any problems with walking because we have walking routes in our office. The postmaster was very nice and professional. He also asked about if I had s fear of dogs, just because we can come across many dogs when delivering mail.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any problems walking long distances   1 Answer

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Easy..too much easy ,. I don't remember anything for the interview questions .. there is no book to read for the Interview......I will recommend this job for anybody that trying to get themself togerhher

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Douglasville, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Long - online application, then waited a week and a half. Got email to take on-line test, then another week wait for a call. Got notice that I was accepted for a 1 on 1 interview. Sat through a 2 plus hour briefing then meet with a supervisor. Just a few questions and was notified about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is a long one that starts with an application and take two test, the first to make sure you aren't crazy and the second to make sure you can do the job. If you pass those you go on a hiring list and wait for them to call you in for an interview which is usually a large group one for the general area.

Interview Questions

• They mostly ask general questions like work history and stuff like that plus depending on the location if you understand what the weather will be like in extreme cases and if you can handle that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process takes a lot of time. Plan on an average of 6 - 12 weeks, depending on the area. They are working on everyone's application and quite a few people apply there so, patience is necessary. Once you take your Civil Service Exam, you have to take a drug test and then you wait. Once you get called in, the interview is not too long, but very much to the point. Be prepared to answer the basic interview questions and supply any documentation for Veterans Status if it applies. After that, wait some more and they will let you know whether or not you got the job.

Interview Questions

• For Men - Do you know or have your Civil Service Number?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

From applying..fingerprinting..background..and drug screen, was a 2 month process. I didnt actually receive the replying email from the usps until January referring to my application. It was a email for interview.

Interview Questions

• About a similar experience that from a prior job that might help me land the job at hand.   1 Answer