US Postal Service CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had to show up three times. Waiting on letters for contacts and times. People showed up filthy and got the job. While i was in business attire and made fun of, i should have run for the border then. On my last interview a woman who has since passed told me you have to have a tough skin to work here because people will talk to you crazy...... I had no idea how bad it could be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Englewood, CO).

Interview

To be honest it's been like 15-16 years since my interview so I really can't remember what was said. I know there were questions about if I had any problems with walking because we have walking routes in our office. The postmaster was very nice and professional. He also asked about if I had s fear of dogs, just because we can come across many dogs when delivering mail.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any problems walking long distances   1 Answer

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Easy..too much easy ,. I don't remember anything for the interview questions .. there is no book to read for the Interview......I will recommend this job for anybody that trying to get themself togerhher

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Douglasville, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Long - online application, then waited a week and a half. Got email to take on-line test, then another week wait for a call. Got notice that I was accepted for a 1 on 1 interview. Sat through a 2 plus hour briefing then meet with a supervisor. Just a few questions and was notified about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is a long one that starts with an application and take two test, the first to make sure you aren't crazy and the second to make sure you can do the job. If you pass those you go on a hiring list and wait for them to call you in for an interview which is usually a large group one for the general area.

Interview Questions

• They mostly ask general questions like work history and stuff like that plus depending on the location if you understand what the weather will be like in extreme cases and if you can handle that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

From applying..fingerprinting..background..and drug screen, was a 2 month process. I didnt actually receive the replying email from the usps until January referring to my application. It was a email for interview.

Interview Questions

• About a similar experience that from a prior job that might help me land the job at hand.   1 Answer

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

The postal service has no interview processes. The way a person is hired is through a series of tests. The original tests were conducted in person with about 500 other people and would that take about 5 hours to compete. Now the testing is conducted online. The tests and application are accessible online throughout the postal service website www.usps.com. There are now interviews included in the hiring process, which are conducted by the HR department.

Interview Questions

• I am not sure what questions are associated with testing process, but if it is remotely close to to the written test it will ask things associated with numbers, and comparing house numbers and addresses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase, everyone is hired at the same level of pay which is consistent with the position hired for.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2014.

Interview

interviews are done in a group setting. There are about 4-6 other people in the room being interviewed at the same time as yourself. Interviewer was very polite and was very thorough in her explanation of the job responsibilities. once started, the process is quick.

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Mission, KS) in June 2014.

Interview

Very short, straightforward, easy and stress-free. The man that interviewed me was acting postmaster and even though he had never carried a piece of mail in his life, he was still able to give me a good idea of what to expect with the job.(hours, expectations, physical needs, etc.)

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

It may be different now but when I signed up I had to sign up to take a test that gave you a score and the interviews and hiring was determined somewhat based on the score of the test, whole process took over a year between first applying for the test and actually getting an interview. The hiring took over a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The toughest part about getting hired would probably be keeping a clean driving record. I have one, and if you don't it might keep you from getting hired because driving is a large part of what a carrier does.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing is negotiable, everything is based on set pay, unchangeable work hours (pretty much everything is at the management's discretion regarding work schedule) and if you're unable to work any day of the week that isn't sunday, you will pretty much exclude yourself from the hiring pool.