US Postal Service CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.1

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

Interview

I did the applaction on line got a email the next day to take the assesment the next day I got a email to take the exam, got my score only mins later and about 3 days letter got the invite to interview. The person I spoke to was real nice my interview is tommrow.

Interview Questions

• Have not had interview yet, but was sent a packet with 16 pages to fill out just a day before the interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Washington, DC).

Interview

The hiring process takes about three week. You take a computer test, a background test, and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was a group interview. Where they lecture you for about two hours on how hard the job is. Then you get individual interviews. They don't ask anything hard. I asked more Questions then the interviewer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none you get what they give you

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

The postal service has no interview processes. The way a person is hired is through a series of tests. The original tests were conducted in person with about 500 other people and would that take about 5 hours to compete. Now the testing is conducted online. The tests and application are accessible online throughout the postal service website www.usps.com. There are now interviews included in the hiring process, which are conducted by the HR department.

Interview Questions

• I am not sure what questions are associated with testing process, but if it is remotely close to to the written test it will ask things associated with numbers, and comparing house numbers and addresses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase, everyone is hired at the same level of pay which is consistent with the position hired for.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

I scored 100% on the entrance exam so I was offered a position immediately after I passed the physical examination and drug screening. Many veterans passed the exam with their additional bonus points. I suggest to buy study materials or practice exams or you will not pass the exam.

Interview Questions

• Can you work under high stress conditions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as the wage is set.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Birmingham, AL) in February 2009.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview three days in advance. I showed up on the day of the interview, five minutes before the interview was scheduled to start. I waited for about 30 minutes. I finally got called in, we talked for about 10-15 minutes, and that was that. It was an easy interview. Basically just questions of morals, things of that nature. He told me I would get a call within a week once my drug test came back. I waited a week. Two weeks. Finally called, no response. No response. I finally gave up, and two and a half months after the initial interview, I was called to come start orientation in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to drop everything and come to work if you were called in on your day off, even if you were in the middle of something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was, "Here is the salary." I mentioned that it was less than what was posted on the website when I applied. He disregarded that, restated my starting salary. That was it. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Dayton, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

An absolute joke. They will take any warm body with no DUI or Felony Record

Negotiation

No negotiation

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very simplistic for my position only because it is a very demanding, dangerous, life changing experience with no benefits. The system is built on carriers and the management treats you less than a person.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2014.

Interview

interviews are done in a group setting. There are about 4-6 other people in the room being interviewed at the same time as yourself. Interviewer was very polite and was very thorough in her explanation of the job responsibilities. once started, the process is quick.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2012.

Interview

Was given a tour of the mail room. Met with the postal boss. He was nice. The interview was fast. He asked how much I could lift, destined the working conditions. Told me he'd hire me, but needed final approval from up top. A month later I was selected. Paper work took a while because people didn't do their job and move it to the right offices.

Interview Questions

• How much weight I could lift.   1 Answer

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Easy..too much easy ,. I don't remember anything for the interview questions .. there is no book to read for the Interview......I will recommend this job for anybody that trying to get themself togerhher