Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Casual Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cleveland, OH) in November 2010.

I applied for a casual clerk job posting and a few days later I was contacted via email saying that I was invited to an interview at the USPS administration building in my area. I was also sent an email that contained information about a background check and I had to give my consent by signing and faxing the sheet to the given number. I went to the "interview" which turned out to be an orientation almost instead. There were about 25 other people in this room along with the HR generalist and another HR lady. All we did was fill out tons of paperwork and tax info and got finger printed. We all got the job. No interview. Technically, we were supposed to be interviewed one by one but I guess they wanted to cut time. We were all told the location that we would be working at and we had to choose a shift to work. Either 10pm-6:30am or 5pm-2:30am. They rate of pay is $10/hr no benefits and this definitely is just a temporary/seasonal position because there were about 5 people there that said they were casuals last year. After we finished our paper work and got finger printed, they told us to check our emails for drug screening info and we were able to leave. It's a great job opportunity in my opinion but the location is too far for me so I don't think I'll be going forward with this opportunity.

Interview Questions