US Postal Service Casual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service Casual Interview Questions

1.0

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

You fill out application and within a couple of days they send you an email telling you that you need to take the 473 test and to get drug screened. Both of these you need to make an appointment. After doing both I honestly do not know how long it took for them to send me an invite for an interview. The interview process was not organized. All of the applicants stood outside in a line waiting for the director to let us all in. When we were finally in the room it was well over 50 people there. I got to the usps plant at 6:50 am and I didnt leave until almost 12 because it was so many people there to be interviewed. There were four interviewers and we were interviewed in a group. Luckily they group I was interviewed in took less than five minutes and he wasnt asking super hard questions. After I left the interview i was sent an email a few days later tell me to either accept or decline the offer. I was emailed again for a follow up and that took until 11 but it was less people there. The point of being there was to get finger printed and now I have orientation on the 14th.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I interviewed at US Postal Service (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Called me in to fill out paper work. There was no interview. The person conducting the "interview" was nice but unprofessional. The process took about 30 minutes. I had to do two days of orientation in the classroom. But I didn't receive no on the job instructor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Casual Interview

Interview

I sent in my application and heard back from them in about a week, I was then told to schedule a drug test -- then they invited me to orientation from there. At orientation you fill out a LOT of forms, then you're interviewed. Afterwards they send you off to go work.

Anonymous Employee in Merrifield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Merrifield, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took drug test and interviewed. Very easy and lots of paper work during screening and med eval. I passed and offered a job. 2 days of orientation, then suppose to start the next day. $12 a hr, no benefits. 180 day job offer. Only hired because heavy load during this time of year.

Was told must be able to work weekends and overtime will be avail. Not sure if I can handle this as my second job or not. Still undecided.

Interview Questions

• Do you what is safe and what is not safe? Can you show up to work on time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

2 day orientation is on Monday, must decide by then. Can I survive on 4 hrs of sleep a day working 2 full time jobs?

Casual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2011.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of september. They only contact you by email. After i applied, about two weeks later i took the personality assessment and was asked to schedule a date and time to go take the test for the post office that same week. After taking the exam about three weeks went by and i was invited to the interview in October. I started work in the middle of November.