US Postal Service Casual Mail Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.6

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied on 10/23/17, emailed for interview on 11/1 to be scheduled on 11/6. Attended interview amongst possibly 100 people. A lot of people end up leaving before the main part of process due to not understanding the job is temporary unless otherwise stated on job posting. Application reviewed then interview. Depending on how many interviewers available you may do one one or in group with 2 to 8 people. Overall easy process. Next day I received an offer by email which you are given 7 days. Another email was to consent to background check. Then another email to schedule drug test. After I completed all that by 11/13. I received an email on 11/15 to come in on 11/17 for final processing.

Be prepared to be there for 2 to 5 hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Flint, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty easy applied on a Monday received email for interview Friday interview was one on one we went for the aspects of the job and what is expected of me as in my role with the department

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Gary, IN).

Interview

BASICALLY GOT THE JOB IF YOU INTERVIEW. The only thing that needs to be clear is back ground and drug test. This Job isn't for everyone. It is a labor job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online in October, before peak holiday season. The hiring process was pretty straightforward; I received an email regarding a date and time to appear for an in-person interview. Onsite, they appeared to disorganized with amount of applicants showing up. The interview was a group interview, headed by two members of management, alongside other applicants. They were nice, and only inquired about the prior work experience of each applicant within the group

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at USPS? And conflict resolution questions at your prior job(s) like: how did you handle issues with a manager or coworker, customer, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Not really an interview as much as just waiting for them to check you off and let us know what type of work it is.
    A room full of people (about 200-250) waiting to get through the interview. Resume/background & punctuality/listening to basic rules seemed good enough to get hired.
    They seemed really in need of people but want determined people that really want the job. Said they needed to hire about 900 people. It seemed like a first come first serve but they let people who came late by an hour to join us.
    I guess there wasn't enough interviewers so the process took about 8 hours. It was supposed to be about a 4 hour process.
    No books. No phones. No "resting your eyes". Still got to be professional.
    For a seasonal/ temporary position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a valid ca ID and what I was willing to bring to the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was short because the job is temporary. I applied and 3 days later I got called in for an interview. It took about 4-5 hours for the interview to start.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Edison, NJ).

Interview

The interview process went by quick and professional done. They asked a lot of question the was very nice, happy, and organized. Also they was just outgoing people, try was helping people when they couldn't explain what they was trying to say.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Casual Mail Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

It was extremely easy to apply. I was contacted via email about an interview about a day or so later to set up a time and date. The interview was extremely easy and asked basic yes/no questions. It was one on one, and very laid back. There were no surprises.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available?
      Would you mind being supervised by more than one person?
      Do you have problems following safety regulations?
      Are you easy to get along with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Submitted a background check and drug test. There was a short personal interview at one of the three mail processing plants in the city. There were two interviewers that were polite and asked standard questions pertaining to my previous work experience. For more permanent positions there is also an online personality test and a proctored skill/memory test that you have to pass. The personality test is easy as long as you exaggerate how nice and helpful you are. You can prepare for the proctored test online.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with conflict with a supervisor or coworker in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

The entire process ocess was very laid back and pleasant. I think that they were more concerned with personality than skill, which worked out well for me. Interviewer asked a lot about background, college coursework, plans after graduation, etc. He explained the details of the position quite well and I think that he was surprised by the number of questions that I had in the end. Downside was the length of time between interview and start date: 2 months.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stressful work environments?   1 Answer