US Postal Service Distribution Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service Distribution Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at US Postal Service

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Gary, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview included a group of eight people. We filled out a lot of paperwork about our job and residency history. It took about 4 hours to complete the paperwork. The actual interview with the post master was easy she asked a few questions. The questions were simple and easy and it was over.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Interview

The hiring process has changed since I was hired in 1997. When I applied, all I had to provide at first was my name, address, and social security number. USPS contacted me to take a test with a sample test enclosed. After taking the test, I was contacted to complete my application, which was very detailed. I had to take a drug test and they did a background check. There was only one interview and it didn't seem like an interview. I was basically briefed on what it would be like to work at the post office. If you've worked for the military, you'll probably adjust easily. Most supervisors are military.

Interview Questions

• As stated above, the interview process was more like a briefing on what it would be like to work at the post office. The only question asked was,"Where do you plan to be in your postal career in 5 years?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakin, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Lakin, KS) in March 2009.

Interview

At the time I was hired I had taken the Postal Test and scored in the top 5. I was contacted by phone and asked if I wanted to work for the Postal Service. Upon my affirmative reply I was then contacted by mail with the time and place of my interview. I met with the Postmaster for Lakin, KS and was told when I was to report for work.

Interview Questions

• This job was so long ago that I don't remember the questions I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told I was guaranteed 2 hours a day and starting pay was $22/hr.

Distribution Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Was a pretty straight forward process. Take test, score high and wait until your number appears on register. Once your number comes up on register, then you will be given interview. Interview process is pretty standard, about a half hour in length. Once completed and if you pass, you should be hired after drug screening. Most start at the processing and distribution facilities before changing to local offices.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations from me on the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation involved

Distribution Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Has little to do with the future in Post Office, how you work and reliability showing up on a daily basis has more to do with your job security. Purpose your life to be at the beck and call of the Postal Service and management will invite you into their circle and more hours devoted to making money will become available to that individual.

Interview Questions

• Most jobs are between the hours of 10pm and 7am in the morn. Expect to work nights in order to make any money   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Hickory, NC).

Interview

The interview process was detailed and informative. Very professional interviewer that asked a broad range of questions. They occasionally tried to throw you of with a silly question. Both management and the union gave talks to each one of the selected applicants.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you did on a job that you really regret?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The job itself pays "as is" so no negotiating was involved

Distribution Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Interview for processsing plant in Topeka, Ks - - - - regular questions ie; team player, etc, etc.
    was hired
    Transfer interview for Mat. Dis. Ctr. in Topeka, - - - same general questions, - -transferred

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there isn't one