US Postal Service Help Desk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Phone interview, then one face to face with the head of the IT department. Part of it you are presented with different pieces of tech/pc equipment and asked to identify it, then explain what it does. From pointing to the ports/outlets on back of a laptop, to the cards that go into a device. "What if this light was blinking yellow?", or "What is this port used for?". "If the light is flashing yellow, what do you do about it?" In one case, it could refer to a loose LAN cable, in another...well, you need to know basic office hardware troubleshooting.

Interview Questions

• It was the questions about what blinking lights meant what. (I didn't know the local LAN, or even the type of device - he just let me see the back of the device.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much. I had a range, I was flexible, and really not concerned with dollars as much as solid experience for my resume, and benefits while I built my reputation. I wanted a federal job.