US Postal Service Holiday Clerk Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service Holiday Clerk Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at US Postal Service

2.0

Holiday Clerk Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Took a drug test, waited about a month for the "interview". During the interview, they went over the job description, called each person for finger prints and then the interview. The interview pretty much was going over your resume. Next day, I received an email asking will I accept this position.

Interview Questions

• How will you get to the station if you have problems with your car? Are you willing to walk?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Land O' Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Land O' Lakes, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was emailed that I was a candidate, I was then asked to do a drug test and then a criminal background check. We were all brought into a room and we put down information on ourselves (social security, address, and etc.) and we were given a tour of the building.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

About 45 people were there....pretty simple although the people conducting the interview seem very anal, and as if they weren't really interested in being there giving the interviews. After I finished the interview I was told to wait oitside, then after they checked over my paper work...I was told I could go.

Interview Questions

• Can I work a flexible schedule?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been in a position where you had to use a computer, cash register, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

You attend to the plant or certain Post Office to fill up paperwork and wait to be called for interview face to face. Once you get accepted, you have to go to the sheriff department for fingerprints and attend the orientation few days after. It's a 2 day orientation, 8 hours each. After orientation you start work the next day or if you're a CCA you get more training and attend the driving academy.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Detroit, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on October 27th I got an email on November 4th to interview on November 9th. It was it was an individual interview but there was a lot of people interviewing. She explained I would basically be sorting mail and asked would I be able to come in to work early like between 2 and 3 am. On December 5th I received 3 emails saying congratulations you got the job you have 7 days to accept or decline, you have 2 days to fill out this online information for your background check, and you have 3 days to got take a drug test. I did all of that the next day and I didn't get an email from them until December 23 telling me my orientation/ first day of work will be December 27th. This was confusing because the holiday season was basically over. After orientation they couldn't get through to the office I was supposed to work at so I went up to the place the next day because I couldn't get through either. The manager called me later that day and said I start at 4 am. It turned out that I would be working at the Annex and not the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Holiday Clerk Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I just did my interview yesterday. The interview went fairly quickly. They mostly talked about the company and what all the job entails to make sure you know what you are getting into.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Edison, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview pretty standard a few questions about what you would do in certain situations and your availability it's a group of maybe 100 people but the interviews are one on one

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to work with someone you don't get along with ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Long Beach, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Weekly process. Quick. Step by Step. Accuracy is important. Time constraints. Morning interview. Phone interactions. One to One. Short period. Several interviews involved in interview process and job acceptance phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online in August. Received an email for invite to interview late December for the holiday season which ended January 5th mind you, so most likely I was going to receive one or two paycheck...ridiculous. Once at the interview it was about thirty something people there in a classroom setting and we was given our application by a supervisor who briefly told us about the job and made sure we had ten years of either experience or school to fill in the gap. After that we was called in by workers to interview us individually and the interview itself seem like they just wanted to know if you're capable of doing the job. Once that's over the supervisor claimed we should receive a background check email and drug test which I never got so it pretty much was a waste of my time and I heard and noticed the post office only hire their friends and family members so don't even bother applying you just going to receive empty promises. Even the supervisor bragged about having five family members working there...coincidence??? I think NOT!!!

Interview Questions

• What are the basic job functions?
      What employment history you have?
      Are you able to do the work that's required of you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Chico, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got a call to set up and interview.
    The interview was at 1, I got there at 12:45, I stood there til about 1:20 before the interviewer finished with the previous interview and came out to greet me, no explanation, no apology. I was brought back into "her" office, there were about 3 other employees in there at the time, so it was a bit awkward as they were talking amongst themselves just behind me. Though after reading reviews to prepare for the interview, most people said they went through a group interview, so I was grateful this was one on one. She asked me a question or two, had to redirect a call, and then asked a couple more questions, she then preceded to give me a tour of the post office. This was actually a very interesting, I was legitimately looking forward to working there. After the tour she took me back to her office, thanked me for my time, told me she'd be making her decision over the weekend, and to just keep applying if I didn't get it.
    Within a week, I received an email informing me I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• How would your present/previous supervisor describe your attendance?   Answer Question