US Postal Service Holiday Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Postal Service

1.6

Clerk Holiday Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

For the holiday there was no major interview. Once you take the Postal exam you get your score. If you pass and have applied for a job you wait until they email you for a drug test. Once you pass the drug test they call you in for an interview, fill out the normal W4 and emergency paperwork. You get fingerprinted, background check then start working. Again this is for a temp holiday job. Once the Christmas season is over so is the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Holiday Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Very easy , about 40 other applicants sat ina room , postmaster came to describe the job and then they called us one by one to interview. The interviewer asked simple questions . He made me feel very comfortable as well

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, within a day later I received an invitation for an interview. I've read many others and pretty much you guys were spot on. I was place in a big room and the hiring manager was really nice. She didn't asked me any questions really. She told me the job is easy and the position is only for 6 weeks. Hourly rate is $16.98. The schedule hours are normally 3 or 4 am sorting out mail to assist the drivers when they come in to deliver the mail. The hiring manager said I could get 4 hours a day or even 12 hours depending on how much mail that location might get.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with HCA (Holiday Clerk Assistant)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Midland, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

emailed and comfirmed interest. went to interview and was told they would let me know in 24 hours, but did not hear any thing for 2 weeks. Then receive email for drug test. 1 week later background check. After that never heard any thing else.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Because it was a seasonal job, the position was only for about six weeks. They had a large group meet on the dock and then had multiple interviews question each person for about 3 minutes. I was lucky because I got in early but there were probably 60 people there so if you were last it could take awhile.

Interview Questions

• What's the best way to make a customer feel welcomed at the US Postal Service?   1 Answer

Holiday Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online in October 2018. Received email invitation for group interview the day before the scheduled group interview date (early November 2018). On interview date it was about 75 applicants and about 5-7 interviewers. It was a very long process; waiting to be called by the interviewer. Received email about 3-5 days post interview date to offer position and to complete forms. Once the forms were completed; received another email to come in for fingerprints and more paperwork. Then, received an orientation email with orientation date. Completed 8 hour orientation. Then we received our assignment location at orientation class. The entire process was unorganized and time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work as early as 4 a.m.?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience working at the post office or at a warehouse?   Answer Question

Holiday Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2015.

Interview

On 10/21/2015 I summited my application online. A few minutes later I was prom to take take a online assessment. It basically ask questions about my personality and professionalism. After I finish the assessment it then told me I have to schedule to take test 473.I found the best location and took the test on 10/24/2015. Soon as I left the test center I received an email to check my scores online.I score 79.20 on the test and I was a bit worried.On 10/26/15 I received two other emails for background check and drug test.On 10/27/15 I filled out all the required info and sent it back, including to fax back a paper.After I finish that I scheduled the drug test for the same day and took it.Later that night I received another email for a interview on 10/30/15.Now I'm just waiting to see if I get the job.They say to check my email and that's what I'm doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naugatuck, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Naugatuck, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online 10/19/15, then I got a email the following week to get a drug test done(I got I done the next day), two weeks later I went for an interview he asked a few basic question and talked about the company and the position I applied for. He said if I choose me I would be invited for orientation the following week.

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends and holidays?   1 Answer