US Postal Service Industrial Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I sat before a review board of approximately 5-6 individuals, with one being the chair. I was asked questions about my education and prior work history by each member of the review board.

Additionally there was a couple of questions regarding my expectations of the organization and what role I would play in attaining organization goals.

Interview Questions

• How did envision my professional services adding value to operations branch of the organization.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Columbia, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a quick phone interview, followed by a more detailed in-person interview. It was more of a high-level problem solving interview, as opposed to a detailed interview asking you to "prove" your skills.

Operations Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2015.

Interview

Question and answers only. No real personable conversations even while being escorted to the interview room. Very robotic. No tour of the facility. Misguided with parking and forced to pay fee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a onsite interview a couple of months later. Interviewed with three people who rotated asking me questions. Asked me questions about past experiences/ education and some technical questions. Interview lasted 45 minutes to an hour and was followed by a half hour tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Asked about strengths, weaknesses, how you would react in certain situations. Asked about facility layout and operations experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Screening for back ground and drugs, phone interview with the manager and like position holders, negotiations with managers to determine which location and where on the salary range I would fall.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences and how would you handle these scenarios.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Simple, waited about a month after I submitted application and had a phone interview. About 3 weeks later had an on site interview. Questions were intermediate and required some thought put into them.

Operations Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

Interview

The process took bery long. After 2 months, a phone interview; then a month later the decision.

Industrial Engineer- Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Application process ,then 1 week later a phone interview, then 4 weeks later face to face interview , then 1 week later a phone call and email of decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if your boss assigned you a project that he needed completed in 4 weeks but you realize that it actually takes 6 weeks to complete, but your boss tells you that 4 weeks is the max time you have on it. What would you do?   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Applied online, took about 1.5 months to get a phone call for interview. Status changed to hiring list after one month. The interview was with 2 people, including hiring manager. Questions were all behavioral/situation type. Have to provide very specific, detailed answers. Lasted approx 45 min. Decision-2wks

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a tough and unpopular choice at work?
      How did you cope with the most difficult colleague you've ever had?

Waiting for hiring decision......   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The first round is a phone interview that lasts around 20-30 minutes. They asked all situation based questions. This is an entry level position and being a recent graduate a lot of the questions I had to answer based on college classes. After maybe the 5th question the asked me just to talk about a specific project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used quality control to reach a certain goal.   Answer Question

I had another job offer