US Postal Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017
1,712 Interview Reviews

1.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

got an email to set up an interview interviewed and told to wait for an e-mail containing background check and drug test they also did fingerprinting still waiting for the email two weeks later no word as of yet it was a group interview and everyone was polite and very professional

Casual Mail Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied on 10/23/17, emailed for interview on 11/1 to be scheduled on 11/6. Attended interview amongst possibly 100 people. A lot of people end up leaving before the main part of process due to not understanding the job is temporary unless otherwise stated on job posting. Application reviewed then interview. Depending on how many interviewers available you may do one one or in group with 2 to 8 people. Overall easy process. Next day I received an offer by email which you are given 7 days. Another email was to consent to background check. Then another email to schedule drug test. After I completed all that by 11/13. I received an email on 11/15 to come in on 11/17 for final processing.

Be prepared to be there for 2 to 5 hours.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Very Brief: Basically an information session on what the position requires, official consent of continuation to keep moving through there hiring process i.e Signing of a few form that differ per position,Drug Test & Background Check.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work regardless of weather conditions or shift?   Answer Question

Mail Handler Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was scheduled online and she just went through my resume and talked about how hard the job was. Then we signed the papers and done with the fingerprints process

Interview Questions

• Do you need accommodations to do the job?   1 Answer

Holiday Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, within a day later I received an invitation for an interview. I've read many others and pretty much you guys were spot on. I was place in a big room and the hiring manager was really nice. She didn't asked me any questions really. She told me the job is easy and the position is only for 6 weeks. Hourly rate is $16.98. The schedule hours are normally 3 or 4 am sorting out mail to assist the drivers when they come in to deliver the mail. The hiring manager said I could get 4 hours a day or even 12 hours depending on how much mail that location might get.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with HCA (Holiday Clerk Assistant)?   1 Answer

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Arlington, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took postal exam 473E, received test results via email, and received request for background check via email.

About 20 days after applying and taking the exam, I received an invitation to interview. Arrived at the facility, signed in, and within 2 minutes was called into manager's office to have a one-on-one interview that lasted about 15 minutes. Questions were very typical, and I was essentially told I had the job as I walked out and to keep a close eye on my email inbox for further notice (urine test and official job offer). There was no group interview or informational meeting beforehand.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Portland, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief, a little awkward (from the interviewee side) Seemed like the interviewee was ordered into the position by a higher up and decided to accept the task.
    Surprised me that it went rather quick.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a loud, earplug warehouse environment?   1 Answer

Business Mail Entry Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Had to submit 991)resume and was selected from panel for first round interview it took a month before I was contacted for the interview. On the day of interview it was a three panel forum which each interviewer asked their own questions.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Complete an online application based on job posting. Then complete a proctored assessment. Then attend a mass interview session with a brief (5 min) screening interview to assure that your application is complete and accurate.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that you are aware of that would interfere with your ability to perform this job?   Answer Question

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Blue Springs, MO).

Interview

It was easier 19 years ago, a little bit more tricky hiring process these days. You had to pass a very hard memory test & at least score above 90 to even be considered for a phone call. Had about 3 different interviews with 3 different cities. Lucked out & got hired in the city I grew up in.

Interview Questions

• Do I see this as my career path?   1 Answer