US Postal Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017
1,518 Interview Reviews

1.9

USPS CCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in which an assessment was done right after. One week after that I was invited to take the exam. I would suggest to use the practice exams online. About 6 days after the test I had to log into a website to give consent for a background and driving check. Its been about 2 weeks now and still waiting .....

Rca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whidbey Island Naval Air, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Whidbey Island Naval Air, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within about two weeks received an email to take an online assessment followed by an email to take a proctored exam. After passing the exam, a week later received an email from the Post Master for an interview the next day. The interview was very laid back and conversational. Received and accepted a conditional offer the following week.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a short phone interview that asked me questions about specific topics related to my grad school education. From there, I had an in-person interview that was relatively informal, but friendly and comfortable. The knowledge-based questions were about right, but it focused mostly on my resume experiences.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very rigid protocols;interview is based on anonymous application to a board that reviews against elements/qualifications matching the job posting. Length of time to employment can vary greatly depending on a number of factors such as whether the position is funded, status of department budget, and other factors. Last step is personal interview. Warning: Postal, like other government agencies is disposed to hiring contract employees long term, thereby creating problems for any one looking for a career position.

Interview Questions

• Too varied to list; dependent on the interviewer and the specific department.   Answer Question

CCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Applied online in Nov, was asked to that the exam within a week of my application.
    One on one Interview with Post Master in Feb.
    Offered position at interview.
    begin background check and official hire over the following month.
    start work date, one month after interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the post office?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the position you are applying for.   1 Answer
    • What Cashier experience do you have, if any?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you handle stressful situations / customers.   Answer Question

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

There was a group of about 25 of us. We put in a large room, given some forms to fill out, then they would take us individually into another room to talk to us. Some of the supervisors were really nice. Some of them were mean--you just hoped that you wouldn't have to work for them.

Interview Questions

• If you find that you are ahead of your time and your station manager contacts you to go help another person with their route how would you finish your work?   1 Answer

Rca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Elk Grove, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Casual and relaxed. It was a 1:1 interview process. The hiring person was friendly and welcoming so I didn't feel nervous. He answered questions and mostly asked yes/no questions. It was no more than 15 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work with no guaranteed schedule or hours?   1 Answer

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2017.

Interview

Application to interview was fairly quick. Interview started in break room addressing some general requirements to weed out those truly not committed. Next was a one on one. I sat down and the interviewer was busy trying to do some other tasks. She then rummaged through some paperwork while asking questions from responses from a prepared questionnaire we were asked to fill out during the general requirements. I feel like she wanted to be anywhere other than interviewing me. I was asked 3-4 questions then told to wait for email for drug test if hired. The one on one portion of the interview took about 5 minutes tops.

As of the posting of this review I am still on the pre-hire list.

Interview Questions

• Can you work knowing that your job being complete is dependent upon others completing their task?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work one or two days a week   1 Answer
    • How far was the drive to the facility?   1 Answer
    • Are you military? Do you have copy of dd214?   1 Answer

473 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Ventura, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The United States Postal Service, like many government agencies, has a long and drawn-out hiring process that involves filling out an application, taking a test, attending a group interview and a personal interviews, undergoing training and taking a job task test

Rca - Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Litchfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Litchfield, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied January 16th, did the online portion on the test the same day, went to the testing facility on the 19th of January, results of my test were uploaded within a half hour. Finally received an interview email and interviewed on February 7th. Very easy interview. 2 ladies, my postmaster at my local post office where I applied and another postmaster. I received an email to do my drug test and background check on the 21st along with a conditional job offer. Knowing that both are going to come back clean, I am now waiting for them to receive the results, I took my drug test yesterday, the 22nd, and send me an email letting me know when orientation starts. It's definitely as waiting game, and for me, the "process step" was where it was suppose to be the whole time, it went something as follows: Processing application, pre hire list, hiring list, offer phase... =) I know it isn't easy waiting, and unfortunately, that's really all you can do.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done work outside?   1 Answer
    • Will you be able to secure a large enough vehicle to deliver mail and packages, because this job requires that you use a personal vehicle?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer on your route started to harass you about mail that they were suppose to get but they have not received it yet?   1 Answer