US Postal Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017
1,712 Interview Reviews

1.9

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2017.

Interview

9/1/17 applied for two locations.
    Immediately got invitation for exam 473. Was told I needed to take it by 9/8.
    9/6 Passed exam with an 89.
    9/14 received email from postmaster at location 2 for interview.
    9/15 received email from postmaster at location 1 for interview.
    9/18 Interview location 1
    9/19 Interview location 2
    9/20 Job offer from location 2. Drug/background paperwork sent with offer. You have 3 days to respond to drug test email and set an appointment. You have 5 days to take it. You have 5 days to fill out background paperwork. You have 7 days to accept/decline job offer.
    9/21 fill out drug/background paperwork online
    9/25 Job offer from location 1.
    9/25 declined offer for location 2 and accepted offer for location 1.
    9/26 drug test
    9/27 got called to verify that I was available for orientation.
    10/16-10/17 orientation.
    10/19 First day of work

Interview Questions

• All questions were situational. “Tell me a time when..” you can find the interview sheet on there website. Some people weren’t even asked questions. So it depends. I was asked 5. “Tell me a time when you dealt with an angry customer.” “Tell me a time when you had to work as a team.” Asked if I’m used to this kind of setting and to tell him about it. Asked if I can do labor type of job. Asked if I ever missed work or called out before. Things like that... easiest interview ever. Big plus if you’re a vet :)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

It takes a very long time to go through the process. You must apply online, and then you will be asked to take a test. If you score high enough you will be considered and asked to attend an orientation/interview along with many others also being considered for multiple different positions. This part of the process was very smoothe and simple. The people running this we're very nice and everything seemed well organized.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • What would make you a valuable asset to the postal service if hired for this position?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Took a test. Don’t recall an interview. Had to pass training to get the position. A group that was offered jobs according to scores were informed of policies

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Irvine, CA).

Interview

applied online got an email for a drug and background screening after that got an email for an interview. After interview got another email for pre-screening which basically means you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to 70 pounds?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Interview was conducted via phone, there were three different managers from the department I was applying for. Asked personality questions (mostly about teamwork) and for more details regarding projects I worked on in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had conflict with a team member and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

PSE Clerk Interview

Interview

They called me to schedule a time for the interview. It took about 30 minutes, I answered all the questions honestly. If you got a high score in the test, it is helpful to get a interview. good lucky.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Aurora, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick and too the point, the Manager that conducted the interview was professional and had the questions written down for a concise process to be followed. I was able to review the questions after I was asked for a clear answer.

Interview Questions

• Willing to work for the Federal Government   1 Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Edison, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Several interviews going on at the same time. Questions asked were fairly easy, routine questions like customer service experienced you have had and what you would do in certain situations such as being faced against an irate customer or experiences with managers.

CSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy knowing it was a group kind of thing. Although we didn’t actuaklt interview in front of the group they brought several people in instead of just one. So it made it more relaxed and easy to ace and overcome any fears.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your weaknesses and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aledo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Aledo, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

One hour going over details of the job and a few basic questions. Mostly making sure I understood the job functions and was up for it. Thus, if hired, there would be less likelihood of being shocked or overwhelmed and quitting.

Interview Questions

• A scenario of a customer who kept getting mail for ola former addressee and eventually gets irate. How would you handle it?   1 Answer