US Postal Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,605 Interview Reviews

1.9

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashport, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Nashport, OH).

Interview

Down to earth honest questions between the Post Master and myself. Explained all my job qualifications and experience. We talked about the job description in his office and he hired me because I knew the job.

Interview Questions

• If i remember correctly, he asked if I could handle driving 4 hours or more in all weather.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to take an online assessment. I passed and got an email to schedule a test date for test 473. I got an 86.6 and got an interview 2 weeks later. Didn't take interview yet.

Rca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Charleston, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and immediatley after got an email to take an assessment. Passed it and then received another email for postal test 473 and was scheduled to take it with in 5 days. They have a practice test online that is a lot harder than the actual test given if you need practice, just google it. Took test and got the results that I passed on the way by email. That same day after passing I received an email for GIS background check. Two days later I received an email invite for an interview. It was very laid back, I dressed up and arrived 15 minutes early to make a good impression. The interviewer had paperwork for me to go over, sign, and went over the job description, duties, responsibilities, and gave a brief tour. I was asked your standard job questions but some related more towards the RCA position itself. I was told that I most likely had the job pending drug and background check and should be receiving more emails about job offer soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do you know about safety? How would you handle an angry customer? What does being adaptable mean being to you? What would you do if a dog approached you? How do handle changing personalities at work?   1 Answer

Rca Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

The post master wasn't friendly never really introduced herself during the interview! It was completely uncomfortable for me. She also took a phone call during her interview with me! In all may have asked 3 questions during the interview majority of the time she was just writing thing from my Drivers license.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Oakland, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

40 applicants were herded into an old room under the main floor. We sat in school desks and watched a few videos on the job and then the four employees working the event took us each aside individually and went over our applications to tweak anything if necessary.

Then one of the four stood in front of the room and announced that they would only be placing people in Oakland, even though none of the 40 applicants had actually applied for Oakland. I applied for Dublin/Livermore and everyone around me applied for other cities like Antioch/Concord, and Sonoma/Napa. A few people left. Everyone else who stayed was pulled one by one to interview with one of four postmasters. My interview was all of 3 minutes and ridiculously easy. I was asked why I wanted to work for the USPS and then a few yes or no questions asking if I was able to perform job duties. My interviewer told me that he was going to recommend me.

There were fewer applicants than jobs to fill so I'm pretty sure all 40 will get a job offer.
    I'm pretty sure this whole thing was just a ruse to get people to agree to work in Oakland which is the nastiest, ghettoist city in Northern California. They had dozens of people apply for jobs in 6+ towns with no intention of hiring anyone to work in those towns. That's fraudulent and really unethical.

I'm very upset with the postal service for lying to all of us. They wasted a lot of my time, stress and gas/ parking money.

When I get my offer I'm going to decline.

CCA - City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Toledo, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

May 18, 2017: Applied online.
    May 19, 2017: Received invite to interview.
    May 23, 2017: Interview. One person was talking to us, telling us what the job was about and what was expected of us. We each received folders with our files in it. Said person had us review our information and at the end, there were no questions asked of us but we were allowed to ask them questions.
    June 1, 2017: Received conditional offer, drug test, and background check. Filled them out and noticed my online status changed to "Offer Phase (EXT)" so I'm pretty sure I passed both the drug test and background check. Now I'm just waiting for my start date.

*Please keep in mind I've worked with them before and did not have to retake the 473 as my score was still valid.*

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Shreveport, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

Previously took test in past
    3/17/17 Applied Cca
    5/8/17 "pre-screening" Motor vehicle check
    5/9/17 invite to interview
    5/17/17 interview
    5/18/17 "offer-Phz" conditional Job offer letter , background letter,Medical questions letter
    5/19/17 Drug test
    6/2/17 NACI background request completed emailed back
    6/5/17 Orientation email start date

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Timeline:

Apr 21) Submitted application

Apr 22) Took test 473

May 3) Interview at the main post office

May 22) Job offer/drug test

June 13) Reporting letter (start date notification)

July 8) Shadow a mail carrier to ensure you want the job

July 10) Begin orientation

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I interviewed at US Postal Service (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick, easy and they made it comfortable. One on one not a group as other jobs. So you get a feel of who they are as well.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Pleasant Grove, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

First I applied online via the USPS website. Soon after that I was sent a link to take a test online (sort of a personality test). After that I scheduled to take test 473 at a nearby location the next week. They have a practice exam on the USPS website, so it wasn't too difficult. Maybe a week after that, someone from the nearby post office called and asked if I was still interested in the position, and scheduled an interview for later that same day. I was sitting in an office room in the post office with two interviewers (one asked most all of the questions). He mostly explained what the positions would be like, what the requirements would be, etc, and asked some pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word. Describe your work ethic in one word.   Answer Question
    • If you were called in to work on a day you weren't scheduled, what would keep you from coming in?   1 Answer
    • What made you want to work at the post office? What do you hope to get out of working here?   Answer Question