US Postal Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017
1,592 Interview Reviews

1.9

CCA Interview

Interview

If you can pass the drug test, background check and memory test, chances are you will get hired. It takes some time to go through the entire process, but at least you can understand the process, as apposed to most companies how you never hear anything through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working outdoors, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

If you make it to a interview your hired, just make sure you score a 70 or above, questions could be just about anything truly no right or wrong question they will just give you answers if you don't know.

Interview Questions

• PPE questions? Personal Protection equipment, gloves   1 Answer

Mail Handler Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Stamford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

It was really quick, they interviewed all at once until the end the we just signing a couple of papers and we answered some simple questions, after that they told we we could go.

Interview Questions

• Can you work night shift hours?   1 Answer

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Easton, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very upfront, informative, not sugar coated. All applicants sit down with a panel of supervisors/managers. They describe the position at length with clear details of expectations. I enjoyed their approach in order to not waste either party's time.

Carrier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in April 2017.

Interview

I had done the application and the Skills testing I had taken at local college. I was offered jobs but not in my state. It's very disappointing. I mean I wouldn't mind re location if I had the means to move there.

PSE Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Russellville, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

It was fairly relaxed, but everyone still dressed up. She had a list of pre-set questions mostly pertaining to "are you willing/able to do this or that" like drive to work no matter the road conditions or work a crazy schedule

Rca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearfield, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Clearfield, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

After the blistering online application process, both you and the hiring manager is ready for it to be over. They seem to always need new people. Do Keep in mind that this means that job requirements can be quite variable.

CCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Sitting in a room with 50 other people who want the same job. Briefly explained the truth about being a CCA and what to expect. Also contained information about how reliable the union is, how much money is paid towards the union, and how to relocate to other areas in the country.

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salado, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Salado, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

interview was very casual, straight to the point questions about availability and if I wanted this job. did state I could apply for clerk position while waiting for offer letter.

oh, background check and drug test before interview. If you make it to the interview, you're hired.

applied online early april, took test 3 days later and scored and 80.76. Contacted 2 weeks later for an interview for multiple positions, declined the rural carries assistant position but was told to watch email for hire details. status went to selection list and still is. manager did state it take months for an orientation class to be put together.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you expecting to work?   1 Answer

City Carrier Assistant (CCA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Babylon, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

This process has a lot of steps & is very lengthy.
    Submitted application - 2/7/17
    Assessment Invite - 2/8/17 (Personality test)
    Scheduled Exam 473 - 2/16/17
    Side note: Applied for 2 more position - 2/16/17
    Interview invite - 2/21/17
    Motor vehicle record search - 2/21/17
    Scheduled Interview - 2/23/17 (Missed bc I was out of the state on vacation, could not reschedule)
    Interview Invite - 3/3/17 (Applied twice for the same postion)
    Scheduled Interview - 3/9/17
    Conditional job offer - 3/15/17
    Background check - 3/15/17
    Drug test - 3/15/17

You need to stay on top of your email. They give you deadlines to get certain things done by. The interview process was very long that day. There was over 100 people that showed up. I arrived an hour early which got me a lower number and was one of the first people to interview. HR tells you more about the positions and what to expect. I would say half of the people left before their interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your customers was expecting a package and it wasn't being delivered the day they expected it?   1 Answer