US Postal Service Mail Handler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

1.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mail Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Postal Service in August 2010.

Interview

Go on line to find locations as to where the USPS is hiring "helpers" and apply. Make absolutely sure you are on the USPS website! In the past Postal Examinations were given every 6 months to the public, today only "helpers"/casuals are eligible to take the test after a certain time frame. Must pass Postal Examination. Will get notified of score via mail. Make sure you keep your address updated as you will be notified via mail once a position has opened according to your score.

Interview Questions

• During written exam some questions are tricky - get the USPS test book at the library; DO NOT pay an organization which claims to insure hiring via the USPS, they're frauds. Also 1 test will be included in your testing appointment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's not negotiation, you will either be hired or not. USPS will put you on a schedule as they deem needed, not what you need.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2008.

Interview

was a joke, I took all my paperwork including my degree and the woman didn't even look at me. just asked some questions and that was it.

Negotiation

no negotiation...salary is already in place.

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Woburn, MA).

Interview

Be able to read and write and follow directions on a written test

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions asked..test based grades determine order for hiring   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

No real interview. As long as you pass the entry level exam, medical evaluation and don't have a criminal record you're hired. After the pre-screening process, training last about a month.

Mail Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2012.

Interview

After you take the test required for the position you applied for, your score will automatically be placed on a list. The hiring manager calls candidates in order of test score. When she reaches your score you are then invited to an interview where they ask you very simple mostly yes or no questions and you are subsequently sent a background check and drug test. Upon successfully completing both you will receive a letter or email regarding your start date.

Interview Questions

• All questions are very easy, simple, and straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

A lot o paper work, took way to long for them to even call you for an interview and they always have you redo the application even though it's online

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and precise, very good.Upon the first meeting , the HR people will discussed the details of the submitted application online and will check and correct errors if needed. Then management will discussed what is expected of the job and will discouraged people to quit if they think they cant handle it , yet encourage applicants that there is future in there if they think they can do the job. I love how they do the process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on holidays, weekends and extend hours as the need arise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cleveland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

No formal interview, completion of paperwork. Assumed it would be one on one, there was a group of people called in at the same interview time. Told to go to specific room, job description discussed, told when to report for orientation. Very basic, not what you would expect.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked during interview. If you are emailed to report for an interview you are basically hired for position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

After applying you'll possibly be invited to take a exam at their facility that evaluates your character and memory. If you pass (it's not too difficult) you will likely be hired for a position or multiple positions. I made the mistake of applying for 3 and excepting all positions being i wanted to weigh out my options for times and days in case each one varied. I was hired as a holiday mail handler after accepting two permanent positions, so be careful what offer/s you except.

Interview Questions

• Your interview for a mail handler is most likely going to consist of signing paperwork, minimal talking being USPS will put on a movie of how the facilities are operated. Your paid to attend a mandatory orientation where all your questions can be answered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

We were interviewed by the Plant Manager. It was one of the strangest interviews I'd ever experienced or heard about. There was on gentleman who was late for the interview and was allowed to still be interviewed. When he did arrive he walked in in short pants, open-toe sandals, a beach type shirt with sunglasses on top of his head. He still got hired over people who were professionally dressed.

Interview Questions

• Would be able to work well with others?
      Would we be able to lift up to 70 pounds if needed to?
      Would we be able to remain motivated if we saw we were doing tremendously more work than the person standing next to us?   1 Answer