US Postal Service Mail Processing Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service Mail Processing Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at US Postal Service

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Charleston, WV) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview is more of a formality to make sure everyone understands what to expect in the workplace, very rarely is there any competition within the group of eligible hires as they typically take only as many people in for an interview as they plan on hiring at the time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

What is the next step after completing the second background check? I accepted my offer and did all requires on 5/18. When will I start orientation ? I accepted the conditional offer so for.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

you get a letter says to show up on a certain day/time. No show they you are out. You go through an hour talk session ........as a group of 20 people or so

Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Interview

Take a test then invited to interview . The whole process was easy but took a while to get going . There are several steps before you get an actual interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Columbia, SC).

Interview

It was a traditional interview. They asked basic questions on my past experience and my plans with the US Postal Service. The interviewer focused mostly on my experience with working at UPS in the past and how that experience would be helpful at the post office.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

They asked me about 5 questions. It went Really fast and she didnt really seem like she wanted to be there at all haha. Also the questions were very simple and striaght to the point . and then I did finger prints which took a minute to do it was actually a little hard . and after you do finger prints you read over contract and also sign the contract and then your done for the day. They will let you know when to come in and work

Interview Questions

• Do you have a ride to get here?
      Do you want to work here?
      Did you graduate school?
      Do you have anyone you know working here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in January 2015.

Interview
    The entire process took just over a month, and about a month and a half till the start of orientation (Remember this is a government job so there's always extensive screening processes). I did an online application on December 10th, 2014. Following my submission, I was emailed a link to complete an online assessment. They both were fairly easy; it seemed more or less to see if you were competent…

Interview Questions
    Have you had a job requiring you to work outside before?

Interview Questions

• how do you discribe your safetyness   1 Answer
    • do you have computer skill   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Kinston, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

I went in the interview office and he explained to me what I will be doing and he gave papers to take a drug test and he shook my hand and said congratulations.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to work for the postal service and why should they hire me and can I lift at least 70 pounds.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Disorganized and Unqualified HR...waited hours..couldn't find anyone's paperwork. They did not start on time. They had no idea who was supposed to show up. They could not read names or remember names...then blamed us. Waited and waited. Some got upset. Bathrooms were dirty. Pay is less. They talk about innovation...but no where near to that. I don't see how that place functions like that.

Interview Questions

• Pass experience at the USPS?   1 Answer
    • Did you talk to management about scheduling?   1 Answer
    • What was your test score?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How long do you plan on working at USPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Monitor mail as it runs through machines.it was a group interview first then it's one it is a long interview it was in two parts, after hire then drug testing, medical check up, then training.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before, must be truthful they really check. I mean really check.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations