US Postal Service Operations Industrial Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service Operations Industrial Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at US Postal Service

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The first round is a phone interview that lasts around 20-30 minutes. They asked all situation based questions. This is an entry level position and being a recent graduate a lot of the questions I had to answer based on college classes. After maybe the 5th question the asked me just to talk about a specific project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used quality control to reach a certain goal.   Answer Question

I had another job offer

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Operations Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

Interview

The process took bery long. After 2 months, a phone interview; then a month later the decision.

Operations Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Simple, waited about a month after I submitted application and had a phone interview. About 3 weeks later had an on site interview. Questions were intermediate and required some thought put into them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a onsite interview a couple of months later. Interviewed with three people who rotated asking me questions. Asked me questions about past experiences/ education and some technical questions. Interview lasted 45 minutes to an hour and was followed by a half hour tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Asked about strengths, weaknesses, how you would react in certain situations. Asked about facility layout and operations experience   Answer Question

Operations Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2015.

Interview

Question and answers only. No real personable conversations even while being escorted to the interview room. Very robotic. No tour of the facility. Misguided with parking and forced to pay fee.

Operations Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me couple weeks later. They gave me 5 days to submit the one way video interview. This interview had general questions about the role of an industrial engineer and to describe past projects that dealt with six sigma. A couple of weeks later they contacted me about a in person interview at one of their headquarters.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Screening for back ground and drugs, phone interview with the manager and like position holders, negotiations with managers to determine which location and where on the salary range I would fall.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences and how would you handle these scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Columbia, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a quick phone interview, followed by a more detailed in-person interview. It was more of a high-level problem solving interview, as opposed to a detailed interview asking you to "prove" your skills.

Operational Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

A video interview at first which asks two questions and an invitation to a networking event. You get to pick which location you want to interview for, you can also change locations.