US Postal Service PSE Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service PSE Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at US Postal Service

1.8

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2012.

Interview

Was actually good....once you showed up on time... you pretty much got the job...

Negotiation

Just one set rate for everyone

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Forest Park, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

First of all, the position was a seasonal one (*they didn't specify that it was during the application process). Also, it took quite some time to actually get interviewed. First, the company schedules you to take a skills test upon basic things (spelling, the address codes, memorizing the address locations, etc.). On the test, you must score at least at 70% or higher. After you receive your results, the company sends an e-mail to you indicating which facility to report to for a group interview. A few weeks later, they will tell you to report to another facility for orientation (ours was in Carol Stream, IL). If you don't make it there for the 2-day orientation, you will automatically become disqualified for employment. After attending both days f the orientations, the company will tell you that you will start within a few days afterwards depending upon the shift that you had previously selected.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions that the recruiters had asked me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

If you actually receive a call back for an interview you have the job pending you pass a drug test. It was a long process and very drawn out. A lot of uncertainty when training will begin or when I would start.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Augusta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

First I applied on their website and was asked to take an online assessment. After I passed that I was asked to come into a local technical college and take the postal exam. About two weeks later I received an email to come into the main post office in my city for an interview. The interview process consisted of a few questions and I was asked which positions I preferred and was told I would receive an email if I was offered the job. A few weeks later I received an email with a job offer. Finally I did my background check and drug test and came in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2011.

Interview

After doing the online app, you have to take the postal exam, they pick those who scored among the highest, than you will either have a group interview or individual unterview, they dont really ask many questions, its more of them telling you what to expect on the job. (especially in a large office) smaller offices may have more questions. The PO has veterans preference so if you are interviewing with a veteran sorry they will get the job before you. Once hired you have a week of training and than the job begins.

Negotiation

no negotiation they have a set rate across the board....they post it on the job application

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Easy process. Took the initial exam and passed. They pick the top 3 applicants from hiring list for interview. Went for interview Questions were "Why do you want to work for USPS?, what would you do if your car would not start-how would you get to work?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Process was very quick compared to a lot of other people I know that applied to the post office. Applied on the 10th of the month, had interview and job offer on the 18th.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Boston, MA).

Interview

The application was done online. I was called to setup to do a test which was done at an office in Boston. The test was long and had some very easy and hard parts. I passed. I was then called for a drug test which was at another office in Boston. I was then called for a 2 day orientation. Day one was an interview, forms and finger printing. Day 2 was a class. On the second day, we were assigned to our city and job.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked many questions. We just talked about past experiences and it was a very easy process I was really already hired once someone spoke to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Lynchburg, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was long & tedious. I needed to travel a long distance to take an entrance qualifying exam. Then when accepted, needed to take an additional training outside of my assigned position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy going!

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Went through email. The interview was in a room where four others were being interviewed as well. Kinda loud and distracting. However with it being for the holidays most everyone was hired. Con about that was my application DID NOT state such and I was not informed of it just being temp until after hired...