US Postal Service PSE Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

1.8

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Irvine, CA).

Interview

applied online got an email for a drug and background screening after that got an email for an interview. After interview got another email for pre-screening which basically means you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to 70 pounds?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Clerk Interview

Interview

They called me to schedule a time for the interview. It took about 30 minutes, I answered all the questions honestly. If you got a high score in the test, it is helpful to get a interview. good lucky.

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

The interview process is very organized and easy to follow. Being such a large employer it was very simple to follow the process. Much of the process is online and within a group, but the interview with your local postmaster is the only personable portion.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to take initiative and leadership in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied July 28, 2017, I got my invitation for my Exam 473 right away. I'm not sure if it was the same day or the next day but I'm positive it did not take more than 3 days to get an invitation. I got my invitation, took the test August 4, 2017 and got a really good test score. I was extremely happy specially because I was doubting myself while I was taking the test, I did not think I would get a high score.
    After you take the Exam 473 the people in the office don't answer any questions regarding your test score or anything about the post office in general. It seems like it's just a office people go to to take tests for employment not just the post office. So after you take your test you have to wait till you get a email for a interview.
    I recieved a email August 11, 2017. I got a interview August 16, 2017, the interview process took a long time. I had to get there by 10am I was not out till 1pm. It's like a group interview.. kind of.
    First you're in a room with a ton of people who are also going to get interviewed. 2 supervisors talk to all of you about the job. Then comes the big shot from that plant who also talks about the job and he answered our questions. After that you wait till you get called to confirm your application. From there you wait again till they call you for the one on one interview with a supervisor. I basically got the job. He said he will definetly recommend me and that I should receive a email for my background check and drug test within 7 to 8 days. Today is August 22, 2017 and I recieved my email for both my background check and drug test. I have my drug test this Friday. Hopefully I start sometime in September!

Interview Questions

• I was literally asked only two questions 1) Where did you work?   Answer Question
    • 2) Are you okay to work the hours we have open for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I was asked about 10 questions relating to past experiences with customer service in dealing with Customers and situations where you had to give examples of the outcomes of your decisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario of an unhappy customer and how you handles it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Russellville, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

It was fairly relaxed, but everyone still dressed up. She had a list of pre-set questions mostly pertaining to "are you willing/able to do this or that" like drive to work no matter the road conditions or work a crazy schedule

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Rushed, interviewer talked fast asked basic questions such as availability, work ethics, past experiences, career goals etc. I was advised that the job required me to be flexible however once I started the post office takes it to the extreme like last minute end of tour times and last minute schedule changes.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

About 1-2 week long process from interview scheduling to offer. If you get an interview, you will get the job because turnover is so high. Interviewers looked exhausted and stressed because they are constantly hiring due to incredibly high turnover.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

The interview process was very... government. I was escorted into the building, had to sign in and provide photo ID before the interview began. Walked into a small room with someone from HR who asked tons of questions and asked if I knew anyone at the Post office, which I did.

Interview Questions

• What career do you prefer?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose the US Postal Service?   1 Answer
    • How long do you expect to stay here?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went in for a group interview and it took about two hours. Your mostly going to summit paper work from a list emailed to you. Most likely you will be required to take a photo and that will eventually be your badge.

Interview Questions

• Questions about your work history on the resume you submitted.
      Example
      How does any of the jobs you previously had apply to this job.   Answer Question