US Postal Service PSE Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

1.8

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in October 2017.

Interview

9/1/17 applied for two locations.
Immediately got invitation for exam 473. Was told I needed to take it by 9/8.
9/6 Passed exam with an 89.
9/14 received email from postmaster at location 2 for interview.
9/15 received email from postmaster at location 1 for interview.
9/18 Interview location 1
9/19 Interview location 2
9/20 Job offer from location 2. Drug/background paperwork sent with offer. You have 3 days to respond to drug test email and set an appointment. You have 5 days to take it. You have 5 days to fill out background paperwork. You have 7 days to accept/decline job offer.
9/21 fill out drug/background paperwork online
9/25 Job offer from location 1.
9/25 declined offer for location 2 and accepted offer for location 1.
9/26 drug test
9/27 got called to verify that I was available for orientation.
10/16-10/17 orientation.
10/19 First day of work

Interview Questions

• All questions were situational. “Tell me a time when..” you can find the interview sheet on there website. Some people weren’t even asked questions. So it depends. I was asked 5. “Tell me a time when you dealt with an angry customer.” “Tell me a time when you had to work as a team.” Asked if I’m used to this kind of setting and to tell him about it. Asked if I can do labor type of job. Asked if I ever missed work or called out before. Things like that... easiest interview ever. Big plus if you’re a vet :)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Irvine, CA).

Interview

applied online got an email for a drug and background screening after that got an email for an interview. After interview got another email for pre-screening which basically means you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to 70 pounds?   1 Answer

PSE Clerk Interview

Interview

They called me to schedule a time for the interview. It took about 30 minutes, I answered all the questions honestly. If you got a high score in the test, it is helpful to get a interview. good lucky.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied two months ago, was recently called in for an interview. The interview was easy. After about five days, i got a conditional job offer, along with an email to take a drug test, and consent for a background check..i am still waiting on the next thing

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

The interview process is very organized and easy to follow. Being such a large employer it was very simple to follow the process. Much of the process is online and within a group, but the interview with your local postmaster is the only personable portion.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to take initiative and leadership in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied July 28, 2017, I got my invitation for my Exam 473 right away. I'm not sure if it was the same day or the next day but I'm positive it did not take more than 3 days to get an invitation. I got my invitation, took the test August 4, 2017 and got a really good test score. I was extremely happy specially because I was doubting myself while I was taking the test, I did not think I would get a high score.
    After you take the Exam 473 the people in the office don't answer any questions regarding your test score or anything about the post office in general. It seems like it's just a office people go to to take tests for employment not just the post office. So after you take your test you have to wait till you get a email for a interview.
    I recieved a email August 11, 2017. I got a interview August 16, 2017, the interview process took a long time. I had to get there by 10am I was not out till 1pm. It's like a group interview.. kind of.
    First you're in a room with a ton of people who are also going to get interviewed. 2 supervisors talk to all of you about the job. Then comes the big shot from that plant who also talks about the job and he answered our questions. After that you wait till you get called to confirm your application. From there you wait again till they call you for the one on one interview with a supervisor. I basically got the job. He said he will definetly recommend me and that I should receive a email for my background check and drug test within 7 to 8 days. Today is August 22, 2017 and I recieved my email for both my background check and drug test. I have my drug test this Friday. Hopefully I start sometime in September!

Interview Questions

• I was literally asked only two questions 1) Where did you work?   Answer Question
    • 2) Are you okay to work the hours we have open for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Phila, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very short interview, no questions, just told me briefly about a job in general. The only thing that they asked its about my customer service experience, and previous jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I was asked about 10 questions relating to past experiences with customer service in dealing with Customers and situations where you had to give examples of the outcomes of your decisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario of an unhappy customer and how you handles it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Russellville, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

It was fairly relaxed, but everyone still dressed up. She had a list of pre-set questions mostly pertaining to "are you willing/able to do this or that" like drive to work no matter the road conditions or work a crazy schedule

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Rushed, interviewer talked fast asked basic questions such as availability, work ethics, past experiences, career goals etc. I was advised that the job required me to be flexible however once I started the post office takes it to the extreme like last minute end of tour times and last minute schedule changes.