US Postal Service PSE Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

1.8

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Applied online. Received an appointment to take the postal test (which is mostly memory) through e-mail the same day. Took the test later that week, and received my score the same day. Almost three weeks passed before I received another e-mail inviting me in for an interview. The interview was very informal. If you get invited to the interview and can pass the drug test and background check, your basically hired.
However, the job is only guaranteed for 90 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Clerk Interview

Interview

First you apply on-line. Than they will send you an invite to the exam. The exam is straight forward computer based. If you score decent 75 or better they will call you for an interview. The interview is a few questions. The ones I was asked is Why do you want to work here. How long have you been considering a job at the Post Office. Do early morning hours bother you.

Negotiation

None 15.63 an hour no benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Youngstown, OH).

Interview

Just wondering how long the interview process I took my first part of my test and go to take the second part on November 7 is the test hard help please?

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Boston, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

First I applied online did an online assessment consisting of about 50 personality questions.Then i got invited to take a test an one of there testing sites matching streets to routes and basic questions i scored a 95 so then a week later i got called for an interview with the postmaster of the post office i applied for.She was nice said she would get back to me.Few days later i got an email to schedule a drug test and a background check then a medical assesment i applied a month ago and i'm already I think i just got lucky.

Interview Questions

• Wasnt difficult for me just depends on your postmaster she asked basic interview questions it doesnt take a rocket scientist to sort mail or deliver mail   1 Answer

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online back in June and then in Aug was sent an email to go take an assessment, got my scores back from that within a few hours. After doing so I thought that I would have heard something back, but didn't get an email extending an offer to come in for an interview until November. Once I went on the interview I was joined by another person and it just consisted of filling out forms. No questions were asked or anything. After the forms were filled out I was told to take a drug test. All of this took 4 hours after i was told it would only be an hour and a half. The next day I received a phone calling telling me to come in the following day for a physical. The physical was a "group" physical that consisted of filling out more paper work that lasted 2 hours. And no actual "physical" took place. After that I was told I was hired and to come on Monday for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Not many questions other than how close I live, reliable transportation, and what hours I would be available for work.

Negotiation

NONE

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took the test from home and the proctored, scored 85%. Got an email to do the drug screen and background. Received an email for the interview. Went to the interview and it was a group interview and the we were each called individually for an interview. Recieved a conditional offer while in the interview, but was told not to put in my 2 weeks notice at my other job until I recieved the official offer email. I am still waiting on that offer to come in.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions but they ask alot of questions to make sure you can do this job in any weather and conditions that may arrise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

There was no real interview. We were told to come in for an "interview" and it was just a basic overview of the position. They then went down the list by who had the highest scores on the placement test. You gave them all your info and went to another room to get documentation to take a drug test. If you passed the drug test you are called back to get your fingeprints done and get your orientation information.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Easy process. Took the initial exam and passed. They pick the top 3 applicants from hiring list for interview. Went for interview Questions were "Why do you want to work for USPS?, what would you do if your car would not start-how would you get to work?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

PSE Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Process was very quick compared to a lot of other people I know that applied to the post office. Applied on the 10th of the month, had interview and job offer on the 18th.