US Postal Service PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.8

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Interview

On July 1st I took my exam passed that with a 79.60 soon as I got in my car I receive the results on July6 I received an email to do a drug test and background today I called Gis and they told me that my background check and drug test were completely clear just waiting on interview I hope I don't have a long wait for that

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

The interview process was rather easy. The hardest part is filling out your work and school history. You have to know the address of every place you've ever worked and went to school. You also have to list employment gaps. Since they print out the information in your online candidate profile for the day of the interview, if you don't have this information entered correctly, you'll have to spend a lot of time correcting it.

Once you've made sure your information is correct, they'll have everyone (there were 50 people at my interview) change their seats to be called into another room in groups of about 5 in order to be interviewed. Even though other people have described it as a "group" interview, it's not really a group being interviewed by one person. Each person gets their own interviewer who will ask them a bunch of very basic questions, mostly based off of the duties in the job description and your employment history. The entire interview lasts about 3 or 4 minutes roughly.

After the interview is over, you go back out into the large room where you were before. There you wait for the instructor to call your name ask you if you have any questions. After that, you can leave.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the physical requirements of the job description?   1 Answer
    • What's the weight range of objects this job may require you to lift?   1 Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

There was a group of about 25 of us. We put in a large room, given some forms to fill out, then they would take us individually into another room to talk to us. Some of the supervisors were really nice. Some of them were mean--you just hoped that you wouldn't have to work for them.

Interview Questions

• If you find that you are ahead of your time and your station manager contacts you to go help another person with their route how would you finish your work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY).

Interview

very informal. No pressure Mainly want to feel you out to see if you are comfortable working in a busy industrial environment. Also want to know if you are capable of lifting seventy pounds or more without any sort of accommodations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have worked in a loud industrial environment.   Answer Question
    • Who is responsible for safety in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • Can you lift 70 pounds over your head?   1 Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Applied 12/28/2016
    473 exam 12/29/2016, score 84.9
    Interview 01/18/2017, downtown Detroit, MI

Interview consisted of about 15 interview-ees and 7 interviewrs, so 7 people at a time. They went over the job description then asked normal interview questions, like tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, dealing with an angry customer, etc.

Was told I would hear from them within a week if I am to move forward in the process. I'm assuming background and drug testing is next. Waiting for my email...

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Arlington, TX).

Interview

I applied online and immediately after I received an email to take an assessment then an hour later I received a email to schedule an appointment at a near usps location to take the online exam..that's as far as I've gotten in the process

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY).

Interview

A group interview. Large room full of people. Barely asked questions, was just told about the job in detail. then was told I should be receiving an email in a couple days.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward process. Apply and do everything as soon as possible once you get the emails. The interview isn't really an interview it's mostly just you filling out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work with a supervisor that is difficult and how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was sent a email in October , I was scheduled for an interview on nov 4 . Had to be 60 people or more for interview but it was for 4 different locations and once . I've been on several Usps interviews and there usually don't feel like interviews they ask a few questions and told me be on the lookout for emails . Haven't heard from them since . Hopefully it's soon because it's great pay . I know they usually call people when they let go of the holiday workers . Just wondering if there's anyone else in my position and how long have you been waiting . Comment under interviews questions

Interview Questions

• Are you good w. Working under stressful loud warehouse conditions ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (White Plains, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It felt more like an orientation than an interview. I went in and there was only a group of five of us an apparently 30 had been invited to the interview. It's like a classroom setting and you just sit at a desk. There's a sheet of paper explaining to you what the job is and then the postmaster just goes over whats on the paper for the class. Then they interview everyone based on whoever signed in first. The interview was pretty short. They pretty much just want to know if you can handle heavy lifting and are okay with working random hours and not having holidays off.

Interview Questions

• Hi, tell me something about yourself?   1 Answer