US Postal Service PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

1.8

178 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

There was a group of about 25 of us. We put in a large room, given some forms to fill out, then they would take us individually into another room to talk to us. Some of the supervisors were really nice. Some of them were mean--you just hoped that you wouldn't have to work for them.

Interview Questions

• If you find that you are ahead of your time and your station manager contacts you to go help another person with their route how would you finish your work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Fill out the application, take the test (opinion based, not objective), take the second test (interview), then get fingerprinted, cleared, etc. I thought the exam was pretty tough (failed) even though it was supposedly based on our own personal opinion...Kinda sad I failed the test but I guess for future test takers...give them the answers they want to hear. Hint*

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Peoria, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

In my office they would interview 15-20 people a day so competition is pretty high, but if you score high on the test and/ or a military veteran it should be easier to get hired. I recommend to buy/ borrow a book that will help you with the test and do a lot of practice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is something that you are not sure how to handle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Van Nuys, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Hiring and interview were a bit long but overall pretty easy, I would recommend applying the pay is good, and the job is stable, the staff was friendly and very helpful. And when I went back after I got hired they were really easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Edison, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

First of all our documents were checked. Then several announcements made. We were told to write down our name and DOB on a file cover. Then interview was started and it lasted for approximate 4 hours. There were around 45 candidates and 6 interviewers and we were being called one by one.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process for USPS is arduous & protracted. For some positions it is done as a large group of people, while other positions are done individually. The worst part being that at no time are you judged on your individual skills, but rather can you work like an automaton.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

If you make it to a interview your hired, just make sure you score a 70 or above, questions could be just about anything truly no right or wrong question they will just give you answers if you don't know.

Interview Questions

• PPE questions? Personal Protection equipment, gloves   1 Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Applied 12/28/2016
    473 exam 12/29/2016, score 84.9
    Interview 01/18/2017, downtown Detroit, MI

Interview consisted of about 15 interview-ees and 7 interviewrs, so 7 people at a time. They went over the job description then asked normal interview questions, like tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, dealing with an angry customer, etc.

Was told I would hear from them within a week if I am to move forward in the process. I'm assuming background and drug testing is next. Waiting for my email...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was sent a email in October , I was scheduled for an interview on nov 4 . Had to be 60 people or more for interview but it was for 4 different locations and once . I've been on several Usps interviews and there usually don't feel like interviews they ask a few questions and told me be on the lookout for emails . Haven't heard from them since . Hopefully it's soon because it's great pay . I know they usually call people when they let go of the holiday workers . Just wondering if there's anyone else in my position and how long have you been waiting . Comment under interviews questions

Interview Questions

• Are you good w. Working under stressful loud warehouse conditions ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was not contacted for 4 months. I was scheduled to take a test and then went in for an interview. The interview was one on one and they mostly asked about my work history. I was then scheduled for an orientation and assigned my base post office.

Interview Questions

• How have your previous jobs prepared you for this position?   Answer Question