US Postal Service PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

1.8

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Its takes about 2 days for the whole interview process, and no felonies are required. Also you have to list if you were ever fired or terminated from a job and why.

Negotiation

Follow all the instructions that they tell you and no writing on your paperwork while the HR person is talking. No looking at your cell phone or texting and please do not wear jeans to the interview and no high heels. Dress in casual business attire.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

interview went fast just explained details of the position

Negotiation

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Applied first week of July 2014 received emails weekly for exam, interview, drug screen, background check (in that order). I am still in process, no offer yet. I have since interviewed with other post office locations (in process also). Friend who is a current employee says it takes time.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fairly easy just relax. If you have good a customer service IQ and human relations skills you should do well.   1 Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Interview

The hiring process was a breeze. I've already worked for USPS, so I was only a phone call away. The only thing that I was required to do was complete the paperwork for the new position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work with multiple supervisors   1 Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Interview

I have already taken the postal exam and passed with a pretty high score. I'm on the hiring list for one position and my application for other position is also in the process. What will come next? Will I get an email to do my background check and drug screen together or are they on different dates? I no that a 100 passes the exam 473, what is the overall average score that is being scored on the test?

Interview Questions

• Haven't had an interview yet. so I haven't received an offer at this point   3 Answers

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Interview

I took the 473 assessment and scored a 82.40, I took the test May 17, 2015 and I'm wondering when I'll receive the interview email...someone help? I'm lost on what's going on, I haven't received word on anything.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Interview

On July 1st I took my exam passed that with a 79.60 soon as I got in my car I receive the results on July6 I received an email to do a drug test and background today I called Gis and they told me that my background check and drug test were completely clear just waiting on interview I hope I don't have a long wait for that

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I am reviewing this through my experiences as a newcomer, this was my first interview. Please keep in mind that Im new to this and not very good at remembering things so chances are some few details here and there might be a bit foggy, my apologies. Also because I didnt follow directions properly I was never given a chance at an interview in the end.

Like everyone else, the process time was about the same: a couple of weeks after your initial application date, where you get an invitation to an interview. I was so foolish, I was so happy when I saw that interview invitation thinking I got a chance to get a job considering I had a very poor resume with little job experience. Technically you do have a chance but it turns out the invitation was through an automatic process where lots and lots of other people were invited as well.

Some reviews said 30-40 other people were in the interview with them. In my case, it was around 100+. You go to the usps location on your appointment date, where they take you to an auditorium-like place and talk to you about what to expect from the job. I dont remember exactly, but PSE, Casual, and job titles with things like "(Holiday Term)" in it are just temporary, not a career. Once you complete that and they think you did a great job, you'll be put on a list (if you agree to it) for a year long term and you'll be hired IF NEEDED. If they hire too many people and need to lay off some people, those that got laid off can still get put on a list for future consideration. Termination and resigning are a different story. After that, career opportunities may arise and then you can start thinking about a permanent job there.

The Foggy part:
    The USPS has lots of different locations/districts and if you apply to the Los Angeles district for example and do a temporary job there, you'll be put on a higher priority list should you apply there again, but only to the specific Los Angeles district, and not others (Santa Clarita for example). They did mention that seniority carries over as you work in the usps but I dont remember if they said this applies to specific districts or not.

This was all I heard before I was prompty kicked out for wearing shorts. Dont be silly like me, wear business attire, follow that interview invite directions exactly! Or maybe the person there didnt like me for some reason because I know I saw a couple people wearing pants there too...

Either way, good luck to you all.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I interviewed at US Postal Service in May 2016.

Interview

Did online application on 4/20/2016 same night received an email to do online personal assessments. Took online assessment 2 days Later passed it then was invited for to testing center to test. Scored 82.90. 2 days later received.email for drug screening and background check. Both recently completed. Interview this Monday coming.

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied for the position and got a invitation to take the test. I took the test and passed it. I was sent another invitation to take a drug test. Took the test. Sent in the results and I haven't heard anything back.