US Postal Service PTF Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service PTF Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at US Postal Service

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Merrifield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Merrifield, VA).

Interview

I turned in a card at the local Post Office and was notified when they were giving the postal exam. I took the exam and didn't score real high. They put your name on a list for 2 years. A year and a half goes by and I start to think about taking the test again when I get contacted by mail to fill out a packet that tells my entire life story including practically everywhere I had ever lived and every employer for the last 15 years. Once that was filled out I had a group orientation in Merrifield, Va. There were 4 jobs available they had contacted 20 people and 8 people had shown up. They brought us all in a room where we were told a general description of the job, we all took a drug test and followed a short curly haired man into a tiny office where he interviewed us individually. He later told me the reason he hired me is because I was the only one who kept up with the fast pace of his walk to the interview room. (I was 21, he was 45) They made their decisions and those who past the interview were finger printed, we had to fill out a card describing all of out tattoos and where they were located and then we had to recite an oath.

Interview Questions

• How do I know that I will be able to make it to work everyday in all kinds of weather?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one they asked if I needed to give my current employer a 2 week notice to which I said I did and they told me I'd be starting at $14.27 an hour. (Which was twice what I had currently been making.)

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

PTF Clerk Interview

Interview

They haven't hired for this position in years, so I can't tell anyone when they will. In the past you had to take a test first and then you would be interviewed based on your score.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Once I was contacted for an interview it went pretty smooth. They want to hear that you are always available and are willing to learn and follow procedures. Don't get too personal because it is all business.There are no negotiations. It is what it is. Be prepared to jump around everywhere until a career position becomes available and hope it is in an area near you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process took a while; roughly 2.5 months from application to first day on the job. A week or so later I got an invitation to take the postal exam. I ended up scoring pretty well on it from what I read on some of the postal forums. Got a call for an interview weeks afterwards and was offered the job pending background checks and drug tests. I accepted the offer and have been happy ever since!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to help an angry customer with something that may or may not have been your fault   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Michigan City, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I had the highest score for the job so I had priority pick. I had already worked at the post office and was looking to transfer into a career position. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about any certifications I had.   1 Answer

PTF Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to take an assessment. After the assessment I started receiving interviews. Once was a group interview and at the end they spent a few minutes interviewing us individually. The next interview was 1 on 1 and I was asked common interview questions.