US Postal Service Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

It was about 30 of us in one room then they would pull us out to 3 interviewers. One on one interview. Simple questions. Didn't take long. Maybe about a hour and a half

CCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Timeline:

Apr 21) Submitted application

Apr 22) Took test 473

May 3) Interview at the main post office

May 22) Job offer/drug test

June 13) Reporting letter (start date notification)

July 8) Shadow a mail carrier to ensure you want the job

July 10) Begin orientation

USPS CCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

All of us that was interviewed was offered employment i did everthing just waiting for background to clear how long does that take drug test last 5 years of employment and addresses you havr to be quick on line filling. Your background or it will log you out i did it so many times over and over until i called for help and a guy named eddie helped me out

Interview Questions

• What made me decide to apply for USPS   1 Answer

Sub Rural Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

First you apply online. You receive an email giving you instructions what to do next. If applying to be a carrier, you will have to take a text. They will email you the test location. After scheduling your test, you will be invited for an interview ( if you obtained a good enough score!)

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to be a carrier   1 Answer

City Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I completed the application. I completed an online questionnaire and was invited to take the exam. I was then invited to an interview, a drug test, and a background review.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Basic questions like "How do you feel about working in the heat"   1 Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I interviewed at US Postal Service (Glendale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

15 September Applied
    17 September Exam Scored 84
    18 September Job Closed out
    27 September Received Interview Call
    28 September Interview

The interview went really. Remember to show up early and dress up like a normal interview. The guy interviewing me looked for all the small things in order to see if they liked me as a candidate. They do ask you some questions, but mostly tell you what they expect from you and about the job. For example, they expect you to be on time for work so showing up around 10 minutes early payed off or not wearing basketball shorts to the interview showed I was serious about the position. The only reason I am mentioning this is because the guy interviewing me told me this stuff. All contact after the interview will be done via email. There was one guy who scored higher than me so I probably did not get the job even though I had more experience than the other guy. He said there is still a chance though if the other guy bombs the interview, which again is why he mentioned all this other miscellaneous information. Also read the job description good because I was asked several questions related to it.

Rca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Queen Creek, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very long process. There was a 4 week wait time just to get the interview. Then another 2 weeks to find out I got the job. Use the online tabs to see where you are in the process

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two different supervisors told you to do something two different ways?   Answer Question

RURAL CARR Associate/SRV REG RTE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

It lasted about 4 weeks. in the beginning I took the personality assessment (4/30) and once you've passed that assessment they will email you to schedule the Exam 473. You will have 36 hours to complete the Exam 473 (5/6). Once you complete the exam right after they email you your results. I scored 85.4 which is a qualifying score. Anything less than 70 will not qualify. After the exam, I was emailed USPS Motor Vehicle Record Search, you put in your driver license numbers and submit within 72 hours (5/12). then they sent me two emails one for my background check and the other to schedule my appointment for my drug screening (5/17). You have 3 days to schedule the appointment and then three days to go take the test. Do it asap. (5/18) they emailed me for an interview for 5/25 at the Scottsdale location. When you arrive they will have 3 of the branches managers telling you the good bad and ugly about the company once they are finished each one will take everyone individually for one on one interviews. she will let you know if you are recommended or not. the next day 5/26 I received a conditional job offer. which you click the link and press accept or decline. and thats the update I have so far on the process.

Interview Questions

• can you handle extreme weather conditions?   1 Answer

PSE Mail Processing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apache Junction, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Apache Junction, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied in November, received email & took tests a few days later (81.90% score), 4 months later I get an email to take a drug test, then a couple of weeks later I got an email to interview with the postmaster general. The postmaster general was extremely honest about the job and I respect him a lot for that. He told me all of the cons and downsides of the job before we started the interview and asked if I was still interested after he was done, I said yes. He asked me a few questions and we talked about the job, what was expected of me, the amount of hours I receive starting out, the starting pay ($15.63) etc. -- At the end of the interview, he told me I'd be in the recommended 3 of who HR decides to offer the job to first. I asked when I would hear back and he said he sends all of our info to HR on Friday, I got an email offering me the position on Monday (3 days later).

After a lot of consideration, I decided to decline the offer. I want to work in social services and I first applied to this job because I just needed a job but I know I will not have time for school (the hours are 25 - 30 hours in the spring / summer, up 60 hours in the winter) and school is not something I'm willing to give up. I think someone else needs / wants this job more than I do and I'd feel guilty accepting this job, knowing that I'd quit in the fall to attend school. This job is more of a career choice than just a job. You can make a lot of money working here, more than some people make after receiving a bachelors degree. If you don't have any desire to do anything specific in your life, this is a great option. He talked about opportunities for advancement and pay raises after a certain amount of time too. Good luck!

City Carrier Assistant; Rural Carrier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun City, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Sun City, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

First 1:1 - later interviews for other locations: Small group presentation (where one supervisor/manager explained he was trying to talk you out of the position) then individual, semi-private(2 per room with 2 different interviewers) or private 1:1 brief question and answer interview of same questions per every applicant. You get a chance to ask questions at the end- other than that I received no feedback or reason why I wasn't selected. I can only guess the interviewer didn't think I had the mental or physical stamina for the positions I applied for? It's a very physically demanding and rigorously repetitive position, we were informed during the interviews. I will say the groups I was interviewed with were very diverse, so I imagine the most fit appearance, job experience, and best answers of the group earned the interviewer's points. Perhaps a physical test should also have been included in the pre-screening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? How do you feel about dogs? Are you aware of the demands of the job? Have you ever had a job where you worked outside all day? What would you do if two supervisors tell you to do something two different ways? What if you made plans and then got called in to work for that day - what would you do? Are there any days of the week you cannot work? Would you hurt yourself if something was too heavy to lift? Have you had any driving accidents in the last three years?   1 Answer