US Postal Service Rural Carrier Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service Rural Carrier Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.0

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

Lengthy process. Got apply online, take a proctored assessment, and get on the list. Once the list is determined, based on your scores, you will/will not be called in for the interview. If interviewed, and chosen, you go to a near by distribution center for orientation, training (general, specific, and/or driving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable payment.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

Pass written test. submit your name for post offices in your area where you are willing to work. Interview may be with Postmaster and/or other interviewers. You may be required have more than one interview. Interview followed by physical and drug test. It takes about 3 monhts to get into the post office be patient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You do not negotiate when you are a union employee.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Postal Service in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted online. They sent by email releases for drug screening and background. Then a group interview conducted at one of the main POs. Introductory briefing and then one-on-one interview with a manager. They selected hirees the same day and had us come back in the PM to complete paperwork. Start work 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you prioritize issues that arise and you are on a short time strain.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

Hi...I applied to several positions at the post office. I went to take the test and got at 83%. I live in new york but applied to positions in atlanta, ga. Based on the reviews i've read the email u pretty quickly. My question is being that i live in ny currently will the give me the opportunity to do an interview and training up here and in a few weeks transfer and work down there? Or will i just have to pick up and leave to go and do my interview and training down there?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Reno, NV).

Interview

Mostly about how my experience would fit the job. Weather, strength, driving ability. I read several posts about an interview of this sort but they varied. My best advise is don't expect anything but to focus more on your attitude & making a connection.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Interview

No interview. Still waiting. Applied online and passed the personality test. Then I took the postal exam test - passed. About 1-2 weeks after that, I took the drug test. This was a couple days ago. I have not heard back for an interview.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service.

Interview

I applied online 3/15/2015 on 3/23/2015 I received and email asking me to go take the 473 exam which I scored an 80 on. My application moved to hiring list on one application and prehire list on the other application on 4/23/2015. Today 7/10/2015 I received an email asking me to submit a form via fax to submit my background check!! I have not received any invite to do an interview so I am lost at what is going to go on now!! I am hoping this is a good sign. But many people are saying they have the interview before the background check is asked.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Other reviews describe hiring process. I want to let everyone know (Sarasota FL 2016) that if hired for this, you only have ONE guaranteed day of work, you WILL work Sundays and Holidays, NO benefits, NOT a career position, and not much chance of getting into any position that's better. More packages than mail, so like FEDEX or UPS.

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in February 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job online. It stated it was a full time position, and when I went for the interview it was not. After application, I went to take the battery. After a few days I recieved an email for an interview. The interview was very easy, in a conversation. I was just asked to rate myself on certain tasks, and was offered the job on the spot. I then started training, which took a few phases and a few weeks, and i start doing the actual job next week.

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Dover, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very simple. You come in with a number of other candidates and fill out paperwork as a group after being given an explanation of the positions being offered. Next you are fingerprinted and then you are interviewed. My interviewer was an amazingly nice and helpful man named Marty who had been with USPS for more than 30 years. They will ask a number of simple and common sense questions for you to answer and then give their recommendation on your file. After that its a waiting game, but a very simple process nonetheless.