US Postal Service USPS CCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Postal Service USPS CCA Interview Questions

Interviews at US Postal Service

1.7

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at US Postal Service (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

none really just explained the job very briefly, looking back they are really trying to hide what the job is cause its not a good job to have.i wish all interviews were this easy lol

Negotiation

none its $15.30 a hour

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pretty simple. It was two groups being interviewed in a big conference room. After we were given the job description. We had one on one interviews. They asked a few prior experience questions. Then they told us to look forward to an email for the drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior delivery experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview the had many different offices that they were hiring for and they called you based off your test scores you had to have all you paper work complete in order to be seen

USPS CCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in which an assessment was done right after. One week after that I was invited to take the exam. I would suggest to use the practice exams online. About 6 days after the test I had to log into a website to give consent for a background and driving check. Its been about 2 weeks now and still waiting .....

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application, simple questions, Test at testing center, Drug Screen, Fingerprints, Background Check, Hired. The Local AFL- CIO Union President told me I was the only new hire that didn't join and when I explained that I saw no reason to, at least until I had passed my probation period, besides, the Union represents me even if I don't pay the dues. He agreed but also stated that my rep wouldn't say a word and everyone at the office I worked would know my first day on the job that I didn't join.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can walk 12-15 miles per shift delivering mail   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It took over two months to get to the interview. The first interview was a mass interview and it was just making sure everyone turned in their paper work and allowing people to explain any accidents or employment terminations and went over some of the benefits and what the job entailed. The second interview had fewer people but still many in one room, this is where they went over more specifics for each job title and had a short one on one interview. The third interview is where they do a one on one asking questions about you.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dog attack?   Answer Question
    • What are the three best things to bring with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Portland, OR).

Interview

Process included an online application then a test at a testing facility. After testing is an interview with an installation manager then an offer of employment after a DMV and background check. Easy process, total time from initial application to hire was about 3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

All of us that was interviewed was offered employment i did everthing just waiting for background to clear how long does that take drug test last 5 years of employment and addresses you havr to be quick on line filling. Your background or it will log you out i did it so many times over and over until i called for help and a guy named eddie helped me out

Interview Questions

• What made me decide to apply for USPS   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

It's relatively simple. The application process begins online. This is then followed-up with a phone interview. During that interview, you're given instructions on the online testing requirements (each job category has a set of online assessments) to assure you meet minimum requirements. If your scores are high enough to warrant it, this is all then followed by a one-on-one interview with a middle-manager (in my case, a station manager).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to the USPS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was simple. There's really no negotiation process. As a quasi-government position, and union representation, the beginning salary is already set.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on Jan. 1 and took the assessments December 24th because I had applied to a previous position. I received an email Jan. 3 for a background check and for an interview on the 10th. The interview is pretty straight forward, try to connect with the interviewer and it will be painless. They basically tell you if you've been recommended on the spot. Make sure that you show up to the interview as early as possible because they will interview you in the order in which you got there. Trust me there will be over a hundred people and only 4 interviewers so you don't want to wait all day just to be interviewed.

I received a conditional offer on Jan. 17 and was prompted for another background check and a drug test. I did both the same day and received an email two days later (Jan. 19) to come in for fingerprinting. At this point you are basically in as long as your background checks come back clean. I am officially an employee and I report to orientation Feb. 6.

The process is quite painless and relatively quick. I recommend applying to multiple positions and study for the exam that you must take. Scores in the high 80's are preferred and getting in the 90's is very rare. Make sure your license is clean and you don't have a criminal record because it will come back to bite you. This is a federal job so expect to be under a microscope. MOST IMPORTANT IS TO BE PROFESSIONAL!!!!!! By this I mean to dress professionally, do everything that is asked of you in a timely manner and arrive to everything early. Good luck to all of you and make sure you read they other reviews.

Interview Questions

• If you are unemployed they will ask you how you support yourself.   1 Answer