USA Today Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Marketing Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USA Today (Reno, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Fair, open, transparent, helpful, positive. The standardized and professional approach is something I appreciate. The sourcer and recruiter were excellent, as was the HR manager locally and my hiring manager abroad (new boss)

Interview Questions

• Project - create a marketing deck   1 Answer

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USA Today (McLean, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

My interview experience at USA Today was overall pretty good. I was not offered the position in the end. I interviewed with two people at the same time. The interview was behavioral based. I was asked the generic interview questions such as biggest weakness, what do I know about USA Today, what my greatest strengths are. The people who interviewed me spent a lot of time with me, which was nice since I traveled out of town to be there.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USA Today (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online then messaged my boss via LinkedIn and was able to set up a meeting. Only got the interview because I reached out to him that way. Had two interviews (boss and colleague) and then waited for a few weeks before hearing back. The whole process from application to acceptance took over two months.

Interview Questions

• Explain some previous work samples that I brought with me in great detail. Wouldn't have thought he would dive so deeply into my work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USA Today in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call with HR/Recruiter, then onto interviewing with direct Manager then Director of department. Offer the position within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• None, pretty much standard garden variety...i.e." Tell us a time when you saw an error in procedure, and what did you do to improve that procedure"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation - this was an entry level position

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USA Today (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a Gannett recruiter at my school. I had already worked with USA Today last summer as a Collegiate Correspondent and was interning for another Gannett-owned newspaper, so it was an easy interview. He didn't ask me much about the company because he assumed I already knew about it, which I did. After a few weeks, the main recruiter called me and offered me the internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USA Today in June 2015.

Interview

Corresponded with the hiring manager, my application had been flagged by a current employee. After some back and forth with the hiring manager was referred to the actual employment listing. Applied through that, waited and was forwarded directly to the department head. Brief phone screen and was sent an offer. It required some networking, and several followups to make sure the process was moving forward.

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at USA Today (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Found the internship posting on my college job site. Applied to a different position and actually have my resume passed to the communications and marketing team, which I was more interested in. Had two phone interviews and an in-person interview. The whole process moved very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What types of communications experience have you had? What are your goals?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USA Today (McLean, VA).

Interview

It took about 2 weeks. A lot of email communication. I talked to them then was invited to interview with other people. It was difficult to talk to some people who kept asking the same question, clearly didn't like my response even though most managers like the answer.

They called all of my references and said I was in the running. They did tell me I did not get the position which was a positive.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USA Today in October 2008.

Interview

Gannett does formal behavioral type of interviews. Besides pre-written, formulaic questions, there seemed to be no interest in my experience or background. Seemed like an opinion for formed in the first few minutes and there was no effort to truly get to know a candidate. Be ready for a very formal process. They asked you typical behavioral questions and expect you to provide situation, your behavior and the result.

Interview Questions

• your experience with a difficult employee   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at USA Today (McLean, VA) in August 2008.

Interview

First it was a screening interview from a recruiter. Then a phone call from hiring manager. Then inhouse applcation fillout, interview with manager again, then team lead, then director, then Vice President. Then, I received an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Research what is average. They will try to lowball you.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at USA Today (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with HR and then with the hiring manager. The process went well although I did not get the offer until the following year. I gather it was due to the budget being approved to hire another representative.

Interview Questions

• I explained my work history. And the solutions I provided to the companies that I represented.   1 Answer