USAA Auto Adjuster III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Auto Adjuster III Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I only made it through the assessment round. The assessment was confusing and the typing test was quicker than anticipated. It didn't seem like things made sense or related to each other,

Interview Questions

• Do you work as fast as most, slower than most, or much faster than others?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at the headquarters in San Antonio, TX, with 2 hiring managers (after an initial phone screening). They started off with general questions about me and going over my resume, then some situational questions about "what did you do when..." or "how did you handle XYZ situation..." Hiring managers were really nice, explained the position and what to expect in GREAT detail, ha. Appreciated their transparency and willingness to explain everything about the job upfront without me having to ask. Whole interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a hard decision at work or school, and how you handled it/the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What actions did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed. Simple HR phone interview to ensure you accept the basics of rhe job and the salary. Then a one on one hiring manager interview on campus. The hiring manager only asked me a total of 4 questions, each of which was situation/behavioral. There was plenty of discussion about the position. Interview was about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate customer and calm them down? Name a time when you made a decision and the outcome was not what you expected....how did you handle that? Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

This was a strenuous interview process, mostly because it was tedious and lengthy. After completing the screening I was contacted to complete an application and several online assessments to include a typing test. I was then invited to complete a telephone interview with a HR representative about three weeks later. At the completion of the telephone interview I was told that I would be a candidate for an in-person interview with two interviewers at the local campus where I would be employed. I was also to initiate the background screening. This is where the tedious task list begins. Due to this being a position where a license is require there are strict background checks to include drug screening, credit check, fingerprinting, etc. Be prepared to pay for a notary for documentation and fingerprinting by the state police. You may have to provide W2's for any previous employers who are no longer in business. This interview process was very detailed with the background screening, however the interview questions were very straight forward and traditional based on your background, why you want to work for this employer, employment consistency and why you left former employers or want to leave.

I completed the application in November, had the telephone interview in December, group interview was in January and received an offer the end of the month.

The training date is most likely on the job posting.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deliver bad news to a client. Where do you see yourself in the company within five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is based on experience and current or past licenses. This information was provided early during the application process, the salary was given and you must agree that you are willing to accept that pay. It was also reiterated during the telephone interview with the HR representative who confirmed that pay is acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by phone within a couple weeks. Did an online assessment followed by a phone interview. An in-person interview was scheduled for the next week. Completed a drug test and information for a full background check. In-person interview went well, just a few behavioral questions and lots of information about the specific position as well as the office culture. Took 3 more weeks for background check to come through and an offer to be extended.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deliver news to a customer that was not in their favor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

You will be asked the standard interview questions, such as "Tell me a time you handled a difficult situation", "Tell me about a time a situation did not come out well and how you handled it", "Why do you want to work at USAA", etc. Just be prepared. Depending on your location, you may get away with only interviewing over the phone. The hiring process can be a bit long.

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected; they were pretty standard questions. I just did a google search of standard interview questions and used those.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My position was non-negotiable.

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

After meeting a recruiter at a college career fair, I was instructed to complete a profile on their company website. Only through this channel could I apply for openings and be screened/selected for the interviewing process. I did this and applied for a few different positions. About 2 weeks later I was contacted via email and asked to complete an application and an online assessment. This online assessment was a personality test to see if I would be a fit for the position I had applied to. I made it through this round of screening and was again contacted via email to set up a phone interview. 1 week later I completed my phone interview with the corporate recruiter and was selected for an in person interview. Again another week passed and I went in for my in person interview. I was then told that I would need to complete multiple pre-employment screenings before accepting an offer. These consisted of a background check, credit check and drug screen check.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time that you rallied a group of people together for a common cause. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time that you had a conflict with another employee. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time that you went above and beyond the call of duty for a dissatisfied customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time that you had to juggle multiple task simultaneously. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told this was the entry level salary for the position and there was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Chesapeake, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight forward but well detailed with an extensive background check and drug test. I did a typing test online, then a phone screening interview, extensive background check, drug test and then 1:1 interview. After I did all that, I was told the training class I was supposed to resume with, was full for the period. I was later called after 3mths ( I re-applied though but no repeat interview). I accepted the offer. Awesome benefits. For the 1:1 interview, you have to be very familiar with the job description of the position you are applying for. As you answer the questions, one of the two interviewers will be typing your answers, so you have to be accurate and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question especially about your previous jobs and what you know about the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

not too bad. The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease. There was 1 technical question about how I would handle a claim and some standard behavioral questions.
    As long as you describe the situation, behavior, and outcome, you should be ok. The interview was yesterday, so they are still interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work on a project in a short amount of time   Answer Question
    • Describe the culture of the last place you worked   Answer Question
    • Describe when you took the lead on a project   Answer Question
    • Describe when you had to deal with a difficult member   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in February 2011.

Interview

First you have a 4 hr skills/personal assessment. Math writing, reasoning30 minutes phone interview, typical behavioral questions. They will go over salary and benefits and explain your employment is contingent on passing a background check and drug screen.