USAA Auto Adjuster III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Auto Adjuster III Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at the headquarters in San Antonio, TX, with 2 hiring managers (after an initial phone screening). They started off with general questions about me and going over my resume, then some situational questions about "what did you do when..." or "how did you handle XYZ situation..." Hiring managers were really nice, explained the position and what to expect in GREAT detail, ha. Appreciated their transparency and willingness to explain everything about the job upfront without me having to ask. Whole interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a hard decision at work or school, and how you handled it/the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What actions did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I only made it through the assessment round. The assessment was confusing and the typing test was quicker than anticipated. It didn't seem like things made sense or related to each other,

Interview Questions

• Do you work as fast as most, slower than most, or much faster than others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed. Simple HR phone interview to ensure you accept the basics of rhe job and the salary. Then a one on one hiring manager interview on campus. The hiring manager only asked me a total of 4 questions, each of which was situation/behavioral. There was plenty of discussion about the position. Interview was about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate customer and calm them down? Name a time when you made a decision and the outcome was not what you expected....how did you handle that? Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Chesapeake, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight forward but well detailed with an extensive background check and drug test. I did a typing test online, then a phone screening interview, extensive background check, drug test and then 1:1 interview. After I did all that, I was told the training class I was supposed to resume with, was full for the period. I was later called after 3mths ( I re-applied though but no repeat interview). I accepted the offer. Awesome benefits. For the 1:1 interview, you have to be very familiar with the job description of the position you are applying for. As you answer the questions, one of the two interviewers will be typing your answers, so you have to be accurate and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question especially about your previous jobs and what you know about the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

not too bad. The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease. There was 1 technical question about how I would handle a claim and some standard behavioral questions.
    As long as you describe the situation, behavior, and outcome, you should be ok. The interview was yesterday, so they are still interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work on a project in a short amount of time   Answer Question
    • Describe the culture of the last place you worked   Answer Question
    • Describe when you took the lead on a project   Answer Question
    • Describe when you had to deal with a difficult member   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in February 2011.

Interview

First you have a 4 hr skills/personal assessment. Math writing, reasoning30 minutes phone interview, typical behavioral questions. They will go over salary and benefits and explain your employment is contingent on passing a background check and drug screen.

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in November 2011.

Interview

You apply on the career website and receive a call from a Talent Acquisition rep (recruiter) to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview basically asks you open-ended questions to get to know you and see if you can speak over the phone (since 80% of the jobs you will be posting are phone-intensive jobs). The recruiter will ask you a few standard situational questions. They will then recommend a on-site interview with two Claims Service Managers. One manager will be typing your responses during the interview and the other will be asking you the questions. Please be on-time and thorough with your responses. Stick to the SBO format: Situation, Behavior, Outcome. Don't forget the outcome of the response because that is one of the most important, but often left out portion during these situation questions. It also will not hurt to do some research about the company as well as research on the position. The job itself is not hard, however, what is challenging is being able to balance all that is required with the job. During the interview, if you can elaborate on any situation where you have gone above and beyond for a customer or talked about a time where you have balanced several projects at one time, you will be good. The job requires a lot of time management skills, prioritization, multi-tasking, and communication. There are times where you will need to use quick-decision and critical-thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in rules or guidelines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. They offer you and amount and either you accept or decline.

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Interview

I was contacted approximately 3 weeks after applying for the position online for an interview. The experience was terrible!! The recruiter would schedule a day and time for a phone interview, but never called. I left several messages for her, but she never answered or returned my phone call. There were a total of three scheduled interviews, and she failed to contact me or answer the phone for all three. I checked my application status online, and learned that I was no longer being considered.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email from my HR contact, giving me specific instructions to complete an online assessment (questions and typing test). You have only 48 to complete it. Then had a phone interview and then a interview with 2 managers on-site.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were describing stressful situations and how I handled them. Be ready to give examples. The unexpected question was: Explain a time you brought a group of people together & Explain a time you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The HR contact tells you the salary in the in-phone interview. The salary was exactly what glass door says. So I was not surprised.

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I applied to USAA on a weekend via their website and heard back within a week about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was very simple and straightforward. I mainly remember them asking about customer service (how you've demonstrated customer service, how you've gone above and beyond for a customer). There were only a few questions and the rest was just the HR rep giving background about the position like salary, work hours, benefits, etc. The woman was very nice, helpful, and polite. We set up my manager interview and a drug test. She knew from my application that I was a recent college graduate and gave me some advice for using my college experience in my interview since my work experience was part time.

My manager interview went very well. It was with 2 managers, but only one asked questions while the other transcribed. These again were very simple, typical interview questions and focused on customer service. There were 5 (he told me there would be 5 at the beginning) and most were worded as "Tell me about a time you..." including a time you delivered great customer service, a time you couldn't give a customer what they want, etc. After you give your answer, they will often ask follow up questions so be prepared to elaborate. I was then given the opportunity to ask the managers questions, which I did, and they seemed to really appreciate that. I was then given a tour of the office before ending the meeting.

At the interview I was given a date where we would hear back (either via phone call if we were offered a position or email if we were not). This date did not hold because of bad weather however. After not hearing back for a while, I emailed the HR rep and she called me to say that the training class had been downsized and unfortunately I was the one person who got cut. However, she said I would be a backup in case anyone decided to back out at the last minute. She also told me about an upcoming job opportunity in a similar position and told me should work with me and the HR rep for that position because the managers had been really impressed with my interview. I really appreciated her going this extra mile when she could have just told me I didn't get the job and left it at that. Ultimately, I was called back a week later at the last minute and offered the position because someone had dropped out.

All in all I was very impressed with USAA's hiring process. The only "snag" I hit was with HireRight, the company they use to do background checks for them. My USAA background check rep was very helpful, but the HireRight employees were less so and that process seemed very drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in charge of a group/team   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, from the initial phone interview they were very clear about the salary.